Farmers - Loss Runs - Fax NumbeR?

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
meytai
Insurance Journal Addict

Farmers - Loss Runs - Fax NumbeR?

Post by meytai »

Need to get loss runs for a Farmers customer..

he has Truck Insurance Exchange, Farmers Insurance Exchange, Mid-Century Insurance Company, Century Surety Company.. i am not going to contact incumbent agent.. i'm sure i won't have luck there.. anyone know the number?
darnovak
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Farmers - Loss Runs - Fax NumbeR?

Post by darnovak »

Have the insured mail, email, or FAX a written request for loss runs to the address of the company shown on the declarations pages of the policies. A call to an associate who represents the carrier may yield you the info. You do have some fellow agents you can network with don't you? Usually a FAX request has to be a request signed by the named insured and sent direct to the unit providing loss runs. If you are in an Agent-of-record or Broker-of-record situation you may be able to get these loss runs depending on the state regs where you are doing business. Loss runs can come from the carrier's claims dept or from the underwriting dept. All of your commercial insureds should be requesting current loss runs every policy anniversary and maintaining them on file. One of the first things you want to see for a commercial prospect is their loss runs. In advance of meeting with them, advise they secure the loss runs and note that a competent agent/broker assists their insureds in obtaining and keeping these important items on file (which you are going to do). This is Insurance 101 but most agents/brokers neglect this basic 'service'. regards,
CSP
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Re: Farmers - Loss Runs - Fax NumbeR?

Post by CSP »

I don't know what state your agency is located, California, "REQUIRES BY CODE" loss runs be sent to an insured within 10 days of the request by the insured. If your insured did not obtain them within 10 days, have him file a formal complaint with the Dept of Insurance against the agent/company.