D&O for Non Profit

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
aikijujitsu2001
Insurance Journal Fan

D&O for Non Profit

Post by aikijujitsu2001 »

I'm looking for a market for D&O or some similar insurance to protect unpaid Directors and Officers of a Nashville municipality owned hospital that services city inmates. The risk we're attempting to mitigate are claims of Constitutional Deprivation as a civil rights claim in federal court. I have been told such protection does not exist. I find that odd as someone usually steps into a vacuum. Any ideas?
amiller
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: D&O for Non Profit

Post by amiller »

Try USLI.
ceccase
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by ceccase »

Do they have a website I can look at? I would have to see a submission to see exactly what their mission is ....

Please forward a submission to us at commercial@andersonmurison.com or you can can contact me directly cecilia.case@andersonmurison.com
CBTampa
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by CBTampa »

Hello

We use a site thats real quick and easy called Quotenbind.com. they do non profit as well as EPl and some E&O and other stuff.

they pay 25% commission which is cool. And its A++ paper I hope that helps. If not Id try Chartis
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by LadyBroker »

I don't think it's a matter of who will insure a non profit, I think it's a matter of who will insure them for Civil Rights violations. Those are not accidental acts, and would anyone actualy provide coverage for that? isn't that your real question?

You can buy coverage for Tenant Discrimination, perhaps you should talk to an E & O broker and see what they have to offer.
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."
aikijujitsu2001
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by aikijujitsu2001 »

Thanks to all for your responses. I now have a place to start.
crbrokers
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by crbrokers »

Philadelphia and OneBeacon are also hot for Non-Profit D&O.

http://crbrokers.com