High Value homes in brush

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
rb112278
Insurance Journal Fan

High Value homes in brush

Post by rb112278 »

Any recomendations? I sometimes get replacement cost on homes over 1.5 million. Most carriers will not take this type of risk especially in a brush area. What are the best companies to go with?
d's insurance store
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: High Value homes in brush

Post by d's insurance store »

It can be a problem. That's why the insurance gods made the non admitted market. Lexington and lloyds and companies like that are your friends. It may not be pretty and it may not be as easy as accessing direct appointed carriers, but it does work. Find yourself a good MGA dealing with personal lines and high value homes and start filling out the Acord forms. You won't win every quote and there will be some unscrupulous direct writers who will lie to place business, but you'll get your share.
paulbennings
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by paulbennings »

Agree with D's... I have been using hull for access to those markets but I know other GAs have access as well.
monica reyes
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by monica reyes »

Anderson & Murison has established great relationships with our non-admitted markets to help place coverage for high value and brush exposed properties. Please feel free to contact me to discuss this particular risk or send me an Acord 80 and I will take care of the rest.

Monica Reyes- Personal Lines Department Manager
monica.reyes@andersonmurison.com
800-234-6977 ext.214
www.andersonmurison.com
pillsfl
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by pillsfl »

I can help with hard to place risks of that nature and many other difficult risks, we are coverholders with Lloyds and program administrators for Lex and Ironshore.

Feel free to call or email

Philippe Sylvestre
954-769-1938
psylvestre@marketscout.com
JohnnyLaw
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by JohnnyLaw »

Good info, I just lost a wonderful opportunity involving PC 10 primary house value 800k, 10 auto, 6 motorcycle, lake-house and boat opportunity because of this hangup. shopped it through multiple markets currently with Farmers. Liberty Mutual gave it a indication quote but no underwriting approval. Allied took it up the chain of command (took two weeks) and came back with a No answer. One lesson I took from this experience is that its good for the guys that have high value houses in PC 10 to have hard wired alarm , I say this because two of the carriers would have considered if this was a feature.