Information on Clusters

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
Tony06109
Insurance Journal Fan

Information on Clusters

Post by Tony06109 »

I am a seasoned veteran producer that has just started an agency in the south this year with another established retailer, however, we are keeping the businesses separate. While his minority ownership in my agency allows me to access his markets, would I be better off served, for the long run, by joining a cluster of some type to provide my market needs? My target accounts are a minimum of $10K in commission, with a focus on $25K+ revenue accounts. I am not industry specific, but stay away from classes that require a disproportionate amount of service, such as construction; and I will also stay away from accounts that are secured through low bid "quoting", such as transportation, since no one can ever win at that kind of business for the long run. I have many solid relationships for future referrals, having already written about $150K in revenue the first several months, and I will have an opportunity to work many more middle market accounts in the months to come. Please provide your best take on clusters, and given that I already have AMS360 in place, and have several account folks lined up to hire, as I need staff, I just need market access at this point in time; since I have learned that my partner has his own problems to deal with, and cannot devote the time he thought he had to assist in the development of another commercial agency. And any suggestions on the best clusters to check out? Thanks, Tony
yoyowordup
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Information on Clusters

Post by yoyowordup »

If you've written $1,000,000 in premium in 4 months, why can't you just get your own contracts?