Calif.: cargo coverage for small residential moving company

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
ppls2005
Insurance Journal Fan

Calif.: cargo coverage for small residential moving company

Post by ppls2005 »

Hello all,
Looking for a cargo coverage for an existing customer - residential moving company, in Los Angeles, CA (1 motor unit).
Has existing coverage with Lloyd's. 3+ years of cont. coverage, no prior losses. Coverage is required for the PUC permit.
Need to be below $1,800K/yr premium out the door, for $20K cargo and $1K deduct.
Thanks!
AAA
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Calif.: cargo coverage for small residential moving comp

Post by AAA »

Just placed one for a friend of mine. We went through State Farm on a BOP policy: Included $1MM liability / $20,000 limit for MTC, $500 deductible, $5,000 BPP. Premium is $1620, but that is in Missouri. One person/one auto exposure. New in business. Rating basis was payroll for the owner only - $45,000 is standard payroll. The MTC portion was only $278 of the total premium.
ppls2005
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by ppls2005 »

Thanks! Do you know if they provide with PUC filing as well? We would need to submit California DMV with MCP 65 form.
AAA
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by AAA »

I'm not sure. I think you might have to check with State Farm.
yoyowordup
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by yoyowordup »

AAA wrote:Just placed one for a friend of mine. We went through State Farm on a BOP policy: Included $1MM liability / $20,000 limit for MTC, $500 deductible, $5,000 BPP. Premium is $1620, but that is in Missouri. One person/one auto exposure. New in business. Rating basis was payroll for the owner only - $45,000 is standard payroll. The MTC portion was only $278 of the total premium.
". . . One person . . . " - Who hires a mover that is just one person?