Habitational Markets for CA. HOA's

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Habitational Markets for CA. HOA's

Post by sanddog1 »

Beside St.Paul/Traveler and CSE Ins. And of corse the street corner companies, like state farm/farmers.. Are there any other admitted carriers for HOA's it's time to give back to the dog. 8)
InsAgentSF
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Habitational Markets for CA. HOA's

Post by InsAgentSF »

Crusader?
d's insurance store
Insurance Journal Addict

Condo HOA's in Calif

Post by d's insurance store »

I'd also like to know an answer to this question. I'm on the board of my own HOA and couldn't find through my own sources anything that would beat the current Allstate policy we now have.

But in defense of this hard market, I've got to admit, a long time ago as a captive agent, where I could sell this product, I never once had a profitable account. Water leak issues and kitchen fires and wind losses seemed to doom darn near each and every account I ever placed, whether it was 4 units or 150 units.
Lee3632005
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by Lee3632005 »

USLI insures our HOA. They have admitted paper. The name of the program manager escapes me right now. When I had an agent friend marke the HOA coverage for our HOA he also approached Chubb, Philly and AIG.

I hope this helps. Alan.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Thanks guys any more let me know. I don't need MGA's I have tons that write HOA's. I need admitted. CA is so closed it hurts :?
hipokets
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

HOA's

Post by hipokets »

How about Zurich, Hanover and Hartford? Tried them? I just wrote a couple out there and placed them with Hanover and Zurich.
PHLY-Condo/HOA
Insurance Journal Fan

Philadelphia Insurance Co.

Post by PHLY-Condo/HOA »

Why don't you try Philadelphia Insurance Co.? A+ admitted paper. Fast quotes and good coverage. PHLY insures lots of CA HOA's as well as HOA's nationally and aggressively seeking more. :D
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Are you kidd'en me, were appointed with Philadelphia Insurance Co. I was told only liability in CA . And no way any HOA's, are you sure?
hipokets you said How about Zurich, Hanover and Hartford? Tried them? I just wrote a couple out there and placed them with Hanover and Zurich.
Not in a million years will Zurich or The Hartford write any Habitational in Calif. They pulled out long ago. Were one of there largest producers out here, so if we can't no one can.
Porter
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Porter »

Sanddog,

have you tried Sequoia Insurance. I Know they write Habitational in Ca

Porter
volstrike3
Insurance Journal Addict

Fireman's Fund

Post by volstrike3 »

Is now willing to write habitational in CA. I just placed several large apartment complexes with them.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

VOLSTRIKE3, Who are you referring too, Philadelphia Insurance Co.? or Sequoia Ins. I was told Philadelphia Insurance, will only write the GL for the common area, easy to place. NOT the PKG. Soquoia you can't get in bed with, only the MGA. And we know who that is no thanks but thank you for the help as aways. :wink:
volstrike3
Insurance Journal Addict

Habitational

Post by volstrike3 »

I was referring to Fireman's Fund.
Santa Rosa Ins Broker
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Santa Rosa Ins Broker »

How about Magna Carta Companies? B Rated last I checked however.
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

What ! are your guys pick on me. No I'm not going to put any of my risk with a B rated carrier. Fireman's fund that's one hard company to get appointed with and there very limited on BOP appetite anyhow. So I guess it's still a very hard market for habitational. I will call Philadelphia ins who knowns?