Old Apartment Building

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
insguy12
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Old Apartment Building

Post by insguy12 »

Need help! Current carrier is non-renewing because of age of buildings. There are two apartment buildings, one has 8 units and the other is 5 separate units. they were built in 1910 but they are in great shape. the owner takes a lot of pride in maintaining the building. There is a new roof, plumbing, electrical all within the last 10 years and recently a $50k retrofit of the basement and foundation. Please help! Thanks
markj
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Old Apartment Building

Post by markj »

what state is the risk located in? i Might be able to assist
insguy12
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by insguy12 »

It is located in California.
cbaker01
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by cbaker01 »

Hello,

My name is Chris Baker with Fortuna General Insurance Agency. Fortuna is a MGA and older, preferred apartment buildings are our niche! I think we could be a competitive solution for the risk you mentioned here and others. Year built does NOT affect eligibility, Our Carrier Partner is preferred, admitted, and A-rated, all quoting is done completely online via our broker portal (No Acords necessary), AND We pay 14% on all new and renewal business.

Please give me a call before you make this mistake of shopping this risk surplus lines.

Chris Baker
866-323-6629 Ext. 115