[California] CAARP CAIP Truckers Excess

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
elecgenius
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

[California] CAARP CAIP Truckers Excess

Post by elecgenius »

Hello all,

I am currently writing a Truckers fleet with CAIP through CAARP. I cant find anyone that does excess from 750 to 1 Mill CSL anymore. We used to write Topa for that but they are no longer providing it. We also contacted several Lloyds MGA's and no go, they can only do it with underlying limits of 1 Mill not 750 CSL. Any help?
Miguelito
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: [California] CAARP CAIP Truckers Excess

Post by Miguelito »

Perhaps we can help. Assuming you have exhausted all the normal channels, please call PGIA or Dennis (dbyrne@wcis-ins.com)
elecgenius

Post by elecgenius »

Thank you Miguelito.

got in contact with Dennis and he is helping us out. PGIA had already turned it down as they have to write the primary in order to do the excess.
elecgenius

Post by elecgenius »

Just as a follow up, I contacted Dennis and he was a great help. Got a quote back from him and we are about to close the deal. Thank God because we have another fleet under the same circumstance that just came in.

Thanks gain Miguelito!
Miguelito
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Miguelito »

No problem. Let us know if we can help on future risks.
elecgenius

Post by elecgenius »

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead. Right now Dennis is no longer able to help me and I still have a need for this market. We wrote a few accounts with that program which is not available at the moment. Is there any other alternative? It was great while it lasted but have to keep the train rolling.