Heavy Garage Account-GA

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
T&HINS
Insurance Journal Fan

Heavy Garage Account-GA

Post by T&HINS »

I have a Garage account that does only medium and large trucks. Selective is currently on it, and is priced pretty good, but it's an out of town agent and the insured wants to work with me. A BOR is out of the questions because I don't rep Selective. I have approached AO's, EMC, UTICA, Cinci, CNA, Grange, StateAuto and am hearing Canal may be a player. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
UnderwriterSam
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Heavy Garage Account-GA

Post by UnderwriterSam »

Call Genesee General Agency, they have an excellent garage department. Steve Ruth is their lead Underwriter over there.
KHoney
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Heavy Garage Account-GA

Post by KHoney »

I posted to our LinkedIn page and got the following responses:

"Depending on the operations, Westfield might be an option."

"Universal Underwriters/Arrowhead General agency makes a market and likes this business. Possibly EMC too. Travelers."

"Harleysville did a great job on accounts like that when I was in sales (4-5 years ago). This was in the Philadelphia, PA area so not sure if appetite is different in GA. I focused on heavy truck/tractor garages and industrial tire dealers (those huge tires for heavy construction equipment) and they gobbled them up. They allowed for towing as long as it wasn't the primary operation and wasn't true 24 hour emergency service. If Berkley is in the market they'd be worth a look as well."

"Check with Hartford Special Programs. Good luck."

"We can do them on an E&S level." - Martin Burlingame, CEO at Commercial Insurance Group LLC