NY NJ PA MD DE Local trucking markets

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
longhaul
Insurance Journal Fan

NY NJ PA MD DE Local trucking markets

Post by longhaul »

In the above cited area, I'm trying to determine what carriers are players for local and intermediate trucking, especially for 1-10 unit risks.

Don't have a specific risk right now, I'm just looking to see what the market base (and the wholesalers through which they would be accessed) is. I'm very familiar with long haul markets but they don't overlap too much with companies who want to write local. Any thoughts?

If it helps, I could list out who I know will do long haul, a little quid-pro-quo if anyone is the equal and opposite position (knowing who the local markets are but not long haul). Starting off with that, Lancer is one for long haul -
NYagent301
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: NY NJ PA MD DE Local trucking markets

Post by NYagent301 »

Progressive
National Indemnity through RPS
GMI Insurance - not sure who they use
longhaul
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by longhaul »

Thanks! Northland and Carolina Casualty are a couple more long haul. Let's see if we get a few more local!
jcantwell
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by jcantwell »

longhaul,

I am with ARI Insurance Company. We're recently purchased by AmTrust and our target market is local/intermediate trucking AL/PD in PA, MD and VA. We have been writing in NJ for about 20 years. We are competitive with Progressive, NICO, etc and we offer direct billing. If you have any further questions, you can contact me at jeremy.cantwell@amtrustgroup.com.

Jeremy Cantwell
Territory Manager
ARI Insurance CO.
sshapiro
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by sshapiro »

I am with Lancer Insurance Company. We are a market for local and intermediate trucking risks in NY, NJ, CT and PA. If you are interested in more information about how to gain access to Lancer please contact me at sshapiro@lancerinsurance.com.
I look forward to hearing from you.
BHoh
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by BHoh »

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Last edited by BHoh on Fri May 13, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sekigor
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by sekigor »

Is anybody knows how I can access Northland and Carolina Casualty?

We specialize in trucking so extra market is always huge help. Please PM me.
Truck Underwriter
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Truck Underwriter »

Swett & Crawford writes with Northland in most States and also Carolina Casualty in select States. Please go to swett.com and click on the Transportation Practice Group...it will bring up a map you can click on and provide contact information. Good luck and look forward to working with you!
longhaul
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by longhaul »

Thanks for the responses! I've been noting all the markets, but there is one other thing I was wondering about; Occupational Accident, what are the markets for that in these states? I'm aware of a few programs for larger fleets, but are there any agent-accessible outlets for single driver risks?