WC Market MLR Risk bad Losses

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
JohnnyLaw
Insurance Journal Addict

WC Market MLR Risk bad Losses

Post by JohnnyLaw »

Texas

Guys, asking for advice on placing a monoline WC Account out of Texas that is a wholesaler of building materials. They are in : TX, SC, CA, TN, AR, AL, OK, and CO. This account will have substandard loss ratio, and asking for some LP intervention. Thank you in advance
Big Dog
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: WC Market MLR Risk bad Losses

Post by Big Dog »

The one thing you need to ask of your client first, before approaching ANY insurance carrier - what level of commitment will they have at implementing any loss control recommendations to help address their loss history?
JohnnyLaw
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by JohnnyLaw »

Thanks Big Dog, was in LP for over 15 years, well versed. What I am more interested in is the best market for a account of this nature in my neck of the woods. i.e. large with bad losses. Currently it is being marketed through SIAA chapter, HIIG declined, and through one MGA I use US Risk. Have other MGA's can use but still collecting feedback.
dkelly@tkgins.com
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by dkelly@tkgins.com »

Hey Johnny Law!

I'd be interested in taking a look at this one. The LP really depends on the premium size and what exactly they are looking for.

If you have a submission please send it along to me - dkelly@tkgins.com

Thanks,

Dana