New Agent

Leave your comments here on hard to place accounts.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Forum rules
Tip: If you are posting a market request, include the state abbreviation in your post title to get better responses.
AmeriNat
Insurance Journal Fan

New Agent

Post by AmeriNat »

Hello, I been an agent for the last 8 years and I'm looking to start on my own independent agency, ill always work for one and know pretty good how everything is done, but I'm not sure about any alliance group, I've heard a lot about SIIA, anyone that works with them or a different group ? I've also look into PGI which I know several agents but 60% hates how they overcharge, any advice on how to look for the right one, by the way I'm in CO
cofarmer
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: New Agent

Post by cofarmer »

I can help with this as I went through the same thing 3 years ago. Not sure how this works as far as contact goes but feel free to contact me any way you can. Was with PGI and now with Siaa. Not sure if I'm supposed to post my phone # or email in this forum. I'm in CO also.
CRB
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by CRB »

Consolidated Agency Partners (CAP) is another option available in Colorado (as well as about a dozen other states, primarily in the west). CAP combines the best elements of clustering, aggregation, networking, wholesale brokerage, and retail insurance agent support services.

CAP has two options depending on your agency's needs, CAP and CAP Plus. Although there are several key differentiators for CAP in the market, the recent release of their new “CAP Plus” option for small independent insurance agencies sets them apart. With “CAP Plus”, Consolidated Agency Partners is a carrier market access firm that provides the technology to manage the entire policy lifecycle as well as full policy servicing and back-office support options to their growing list of agency members.

While CAP is perfect for agencies that need access to preferred carrier markets and unique technology to manage the life cycle of their policies, “CAP Plus” agencies utilize CAP’s knowledgeable team for their back-office client support services, such as: carrier marketing, generating and delivering market quotations, handling policy binding and payments, electronically delivering policies, preparing and delivering certificates, renewal processing, pre-licensing and continuing education in all 50-states, and much more.

http://mycapnet.com/
starcitybrokers
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by starcitybrokers »

It all depends on if you want full control over your customers. What I do for new Agents is you sell me a certain % of your business and then you get all the Carriers we sell for. Then after 3 years you buy me back out and you retain the whole book of Business and the carriers. I get paid a % on every sale which isn't much and you run the business the way you want to. We have around 10 P&C companies and 15 Commercial companies.