Dataquick

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

policyman
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Dataquick

Post by policyman »

Is there a competing service to Dataquick? We had been using it for obtaining commercial property records and know that some of this info is available free from the various county assesors offices.

The reason I left Dataquick is because when we signed up we needed to give them $200 and they would use that as a credit to then be reduced by the fees that we incur. I just got an e-mail from their accounting that we have a $149.50 credit on our account and they needed us to get back to $200. I contacted them because their on-line service asked for and additional $200 on top of our $149.50 credit balance, which didn't make sense to me. They said I couldn't pay the difference between the two and needed to pay an additional $200. If I didn't pay the $200 they would cancel my account an my $149.50 would not be refunded. Needless to say I told them to cancel my service and hope to get my money back.

Anyone else have similiar experiences?

Hopefully you can give me recommendation to a competing service, that doesn't extort their customers. Thanks.