PEOs in California

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

StillLearningEnglish
Insurance Journal Fan

PEOs in California

Post by StillLearningEnglish »

Hello, I am trying to learn about the PEO industry. Can those of you that are in the know please tell me who the good PEOs are? I keep hearing about Barett Business Services - are they reputable? How is the growth rate of small businesses (that are still alive) switching to outsourcing to a PEO like Barett going? Thank you.
michga11
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: PEOs in California

Post by michga11 »

michga11
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by michga11 »

excellent point, michga11.
Rainmaker
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Rainmaker »

To your question about: "How is the growth rate of small businesses (that are still alive) switching to outsourcing to a PEO like Barett going? Thank you."

Not a clue - perhaps better to ask Barett!

My only comment about PEO's is that there is a very good case to be made for small start-ups to work with a PEO, however, upon gaining some mass from an employee count perspective, and, equally imporant getting past the point where topline revenues exceed expenses (breakpoint) and they have some time to actually look at their business operationally - most determine that efficiencies will be generated by un-bundling their coverages and going outside of the PEO through third party vendor solutions, ie a good p/c broker, a good EBEN broker, HR and payroll.

I am a big fan of PEO's operating down market - however, when the employer group grows, it is crystal clear that efficiencies can be gained by getting out of the PEO and moving into the traditional distribution channel.

Cheers
David E. Estrada
Founder & Managing Director
Rainmaker Advisory LLC
Portland, Oregon
www.rainmakeradvisory.com