Agency Management Systems

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

AgencyEquity
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Agency Management Systems

Post by AgencyEquity »

I have a list of management systems on my site (which is linked below), also Steve Anderson of The Anderson Agency Report has some good things on this. His information is at http://andersonagencyreport.com/
http://www.agencyequity.com
The Premier Website for Insurance Agency Principals, Executives, and Producers with Executive-Level Business Needs
Marina
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Marina »

I've used AgencyPro for several years and love it. I do both direct and agency bill policies and the accounting works just fine for me. It is very user friendly and the people in tech support are excellent. I have used other systems in the past and for a small agency the pricing is affordable. Compared to other systems that are in the same price range, AgencyPro beats them all.
Brand
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by Brand »

So why are we answering a question that was asked back in '08! Either way, its good to know that ezy lynx was a good rater even back then. I use em now and love it. As for agency mgmt systems, I'm a few months into my new system which I posted about when I first purchased it. Aspire has worked out well, surprisingly well, its fully web based like ezy lynx and the integration is on point. And, I keep finding new uses for this system. The latest one - using the customer portal to let my commercial trucking clients download certs on their end, super convenient as this used to be really time consuming.
dukekneeland
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by dukekneeland »

We are considering Eclipse, what are the pros and cons for this system
agencyowner
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by agencyowner »

I noticed on the Eclipse website that their latest Windows operating system they mention is XP! Wow! Sure ... go with this system if you are a decade behind the times. http://www.worldpointinc.com/partners_nasa.html

I would look at the new players in the market. I certainly would not go to AMS or especially Applied Systems!!!! Applied Systems has been recycled over and over again through equity partners and buyouts. In my opinion, the bottom line and profitability is ALL that matters at Applied Systems. They bought DORIS when it was a decent system, left it alone for a while ... and it was a decent system ... I know because I knew it well. Then lack of updates ... price increases ... lack of updates ... price increases ... repeat if Applied desires! They ruined a good thing to deepen the pockets of the guys at the top. All the while, people representing Applied in some form or fashion would tell you things were going to be fine and they were lying through their teeth! Ask Applied Systems or AMS them what they charge for a backup of your data and to un-encrypt your data files just so you can switch to another system or view your data and see what they say!!! I never heard of a company charging you a thousand dollars or more to get a copy of your own data!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do your homework and search Google.com!!!!! Find a reputable company that stands behind their product and who is really out there to supply agencies with some bang for the buck and who is not looking to build up their client list and sell out to the big boys!

Signed,
Agency Owner
Observer561
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Observer561 »

agencyowner wrote:I noticed on the Eclipse website that their latest Windows operating system they mention is XP! Wow! Sure ... go with this system if you are a decade behind the times. http://www.worldpointinc.com/partners_nasa.html

Signed,
Agency Owner

FYI, The site this new poster listed for Eclipse is not correct. Nasasoft.com is the correct address, and the system reportedly operates with Windows 7.
BSheppard
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by BSheppard »

Hello All,

I will be honest this is a self plug! Check out IMS by Xanatek. We do two-way integration with EZ-Lynx. You can upload and download through our system with them. And we do all that other agency management stuff! www.Xanatek.com

Cheers!
Brent