Social Media

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

chizcurlz
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Social Media

Post by chizcurlz »

You need to build your company's credibility and improve customer's trust using Social Media if you want to succeed in Business. It is because Social Media relies on building networks and relationships, and take advantage of it.
TheInsuranceGuy
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by TheInsuranceGuy »

My strange prediction is that any company not utilizing social media will be gone in 5 years. Any big company knows the importance of bringing their product to the consumer and social media is it. talk to a seo agency to see how you can more efficiently use social media.
JasonBHBCo
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by JasonBHBCo »

InsuranceGuy,
I offer a slightly different vision of five years from now. Companies (and agencies) that do not have a presence in social media (and notice I did not say a specific platform) will be looked upon much like today's consumer looks upon agencies (and companies) that do not have a website now.
Regards, Jason
sethm
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sethm »

Social media sites are a good platform for promotion and even lead generation. We've been using the PPC campaign Facebook to promote our services. So far, so good. It's totally worth it. We also have an FB page to communicate with potential clients.
JasonBHBCo
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by JasonBHBCo »

I'd like to invite agents and company folks to participate in a survey we put together to gather some good, and more reliable, data on how insurance agencies and companies are using social media - and to see what (if any) return on their investment (mostly time...) has been.
We are going to collate the results and share them with all of the respondents.
So, if you want to learn about how other agencies are using social media platforms, please complete our survey (it is on SurveyGizmo):

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/656279/So ... -Real-Deal

Regards,
Jason
Warnner
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Warnner »

Social media platforms like Facebook and Wikipedia offer us the chance to engage with the public in new ways. The general public has a strong interest in EPA, and they are using social media tools to share information and opinions about the Agency’s activities
robmejia
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by robmejia »

Social media is a good marketing tool if you use it wisely. Create interaction amongst your fans (market) and create promotions that can generate revenue.
blennox
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by blennox »

best thing you can do when someone posts something negative is offer a positive solution on the site where the negative mark was made. Yes people have a way of seeing through to the truth when someone posts something online, however it really helps more when you post something positive showing that you actually care enough to step up your service from what you would normally do, and its through these types of actions that other people may become interested in doing business with your company. Yes, I know the clients may have been completely in the wrong but if you want to turn the negative into a positive this is your best course of action. People online love to read emotional BS and its read even more when the company steps outside of what would be expected from the company. The worst thing you can do is to not respond at all, not responding actually validates whatever the crazy person is saying.
d's insurance store
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by d's insurance store »

I respectfully disagree Blennox. Maybe some effort works for a restaurant or hair salon showing a willingness on the part of the propriator to make amends, but in the insurance business, especially in the area of personal lines, there will be no satisfying the nut cases out there who expect satisfaction where none can be granted.

The vast majority of insurance disagreements on the web concern failed expectations of what is and what is not covered under contract. Perceptions of what was said at the point of sale are always subject to debate after a loss occurs and coverage is either afforded or denied. One can argue that the consumer is entitled to an explanation of what is and is not covered for premium paid at the inception of a policy, but if that is offered and a loss occurs without coverage, then how does the agency 'make good' on the online complaint? Should the agency dip into its own checking account and pay for the loss where no coverage existed? Should the agency step in and make timely payments on behalf of the late pay insured?

My feeling is that engaging with crazy people in the on line review sites only elevates the lunacy to search engine friendly proportions, making it easier for the 'I say, You say' dialog to be found in a web search, further giving visability to the complaint.

Giving a free meal or a free hair style to a distraught customer is one thing. Paying for a collission loss or rent a car reimbursement when the client wanted 'the absolute cheapest' rate at policy inception is another.
blennox
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by blennox »

well put...
chizcurlz
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by chizcurlz »

I agree, Facebook PPC Advertising is also a good way to drive traffic or even leads to your website. We all know that Facebook is the no.1 Social Networking site right now with 800 million active users.