Allstate

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

CoJones
Insurance Journal Addict

Allstate

Post by CoJones »

I have seen a ton of Allstate agencies to hit the market lately. Can anyone shed some light on why, so many agents are dumping Allstate?

If you were looking to acquire an agency, would you buy Allstate ?

Thanks
d's insurance store
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Allstate

Post by d's insurance store »

Allstate is a very troubled environment for affiliated agents. Although presented as a 'self employed owner opportunity', in fact because of the demands placed on agency owners by the parent company, it feels much more like either an 'employee without benefits' or 'a franchise without franchise law protection'.

There are production quotas for P&C and Financial products. Location and office decor needs to be approved by managers. Rates are often far from competitive with other carriers for the bread and butter P&C personal lines. Their financial product offerings are not very sophisticated for today's marketplace. Allstate management is seen as operating in a very heavy handed and oppressive way towards its agency force.

Where personal lines rates are competitive and not a lot of fellow Allstate competition nearby, it's possible to feel good at the end of each work day. Those areas are few and far between.

Sign up with them and you'll receive a lot of promises that are unwritten and unfulfilled. My suggestion: Look elsewhere. If it were such a great deal, the available agencies would have been snatched up long ago.
CoJones
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by CoJones »

Thanks
Robert742
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by Robert742 »

I agree with d's insurance store's comments. Also, Allstate is cutting commissions in favor of contingent commissions based on production. Allstate dictates the hours of operation for your office, and punishes you for closing early on some holidays. I'd pass on Allstate.
Complaint & customer satisfaction ratings for all the leading home & auto insurance companies in the USA
http://www.smartshopyourcarinsurance.com
JAM
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by JAM »

From what I hear they are trying to get the smaller agencies to close and create super agencies.
Western commercial hub.
www.premieroc.com
CoJones
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by CoJones »

SUCK'S. I would love to buy an agecny. I have already looked at agencyequity!!!!