My first CIC Class

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

independent guy
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by independent guy »

volstrike3 wrote:
AlstonCPCU wrote:Everybody I know says that CIC is a great place to see a policy pulled apart and placed back together. It strikes me as a great place also for people who do not have the discipline to sit down and read a book regularly.
I don't think you will find many people that regularly enjoy reading books about insurance.
When reading my first CPCU book I thought it was awesome. But now that I'm working on the last one of 8, I can't wait to be done with them.
InsAgentSF
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by InsAgentSF »

I started my first class 510 class and was 50% through, when someone broke my car's window and stole all of the books. So i put it on hold for now :)
AlstonCPCU
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by AlstonCPCU »

CPCU is a lot like college. It's great when you first start, but by the time you're done you just want to get it over with. At some point in the future I plan to look into CIC. As I mentioned, it's a lot easier than other designations because it doesn't require the same discipline so that would be the appeal for me along with practicality.
volstrike3
Insurance Journal Addict

Alston

Post by volstrike3 »

Let me know how easy it is after you take your first commercial property or commercial casualty institute. I don't know about your short term memory but focusing for 20 strait hours and then taking a 20 page essay test was not simple for me. I am having a much easier time with the ARM classes because I can absorb the information slowly over a longer period of time.
InsAgentSF
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Alston

Post by InsAgentSF »

It wasn't easy but I am glad, I went because i learned a lot of very useful information. What horrifies me is that there is so many agents out there who are careless, lazy and simple don't want to spend time and learn ins and outs of their occupation. I think Institutes like CIC should be a required education before agent can get his or her license
INTLXS
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by INTLXS »

CIC is a great "producers" designation. An agent should know what he is selling.... in reality we non-lawyers selling contracts.....

The stat I heard is that only 18% of people taking the CIC designation pass all 5 courses without failing one.

If you are an agent and have been in the business 3-5 years take the CIC.