OCIP / WRAP Certificates

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Almost40
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

OCIP offsite exposure

Post by Almost40 »

This may be a bit of a stretch but if your artisan contractor parks across the street from the OCIP project and in walking material onto the jobsite hits a bystander then you could have an offsite incident that would not be covered under the OCIP GL or the artisan's non-wrap GL.
LadyBroker
Insurance Journal Addict

OCIP

Post by LadyBroker »

Has anyone had an off-site wrap claim that the Practice policy actually covered? maybe some real life examples would be helpful for all of us!
"It's a typical day, on the road to Utopia.."
KJOBF
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by KJOBF »

I think it will be very interesting to see what transpires in the next ten years with the OCIP/Wrap policies and how the courts interprete the policies...(both the OCIP & the subcontractor's policies) in the case of lawsuits. I can foresee some real problems, especially in the area of the Condo WRAP policies that contain very adverse wording when it comes to the subcontractors sharing of of the retention, etc.

No claims as of yet for any of my clients as regards to off-site liability.

I highly recommend attending a seminar taught by RJ Marshburn & Associates on the Wraps/Gaps/Contract Traps...and he is involved/teaches seminars for the new Contractor Designation Seminars.