Independent Start Up

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

d's insurance store
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Independent Start Up

Post by d's insurance store »

FreeAgent wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:39 pm
I am studying the same idea here in the State of Texas. .
And i greatly appreciate you input.
My Question is, how do you get Appointed with carriers ?
What is the step / steps and or procedures ?

Kindly please elaborate
There is no 'independent insurance agency in a box' or 3 ring binder that will explain all of the complexities of opening and successfully maintaining a new venture, including the key component of obtaining carrier appointments.

Probably the quickest way to begin a long educational journey is to reach out to Texas insurance agency associations and see what they can do to help.

If you're starting this process by asking only about appointments, you've left out a lot of preliminary business planning steps that, at least in my opinion, should be addressed first.
FreeAgent
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by FreeAgent »

d's insurance store wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:28 pm
FreeAgent wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:39 pm
I am studying the same idea here in the State of Texas. .
And i greatly appreciate you input.
My Question is, how do you get Appointed with carriers ?
What is the step / steps and or procedures ?

Kindly please elaborate
There is no 'independent insurance agency in a box' or 3 ring binder that will explain all of the complexities of opening and successfully maintaining a new venture, including the key component of obtaining carrier appointments.

Probably the quickest way to begin a long educational journey is to reach out to Texas insurance agency associations and see what they can do to help.

If you're starting this process by asking only about appointments, you've left out a lot of preliminary business planning steps that, at least in my opinion, should be addressed first.
I do appreciate your reply

Other than, marketing, and knowing how to sell what you sell, and connect with the prospects who need the insurance coverage with the best $$ premiums possible. What else you think is left behind ?
pageltd
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by pageltd »

Be creative. Find a niche that no one is writing and go for it. Find a Surplus Lines agent that is writing with a standard insurance company. Forget about auto insurance, too competitive. Align with another indepdndent agency, or with Smart Choice or SAN Group. Forget about any org helping to get your appointed. Won't happen. Make it easy for your prospectivce clients. Do you own your own book currently. Will you existing clients follow you? It happens with vets when they leave a practce, a large whooshing sound ensues when their patients/clients follow them to their new practice.
George Page
www.pageins.com