Agency Managment Systems

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

Surfmonkey01
Insurance Journal Fan

Agency Managment Systems

Post by Surfmonkey01 »

I’m currently at an independent agency that does everything - personal lines, commercial, group health, life, Medicare, you name it. We are using AMS360 for everything, and I’m not crazy about it. The system is archaic, support is questionable, and it’s expensive to boot. Plus it’s not made for life and health,so all of that info is basically jammed in where we can. I’ve been looking into possible alternative systems, and was wondering what everything uses, as well as what else you looked at before you settled on that. I’m currently looking the closest at Hawksoft, PartnerXe, Newton, and maybe Techcanary, but I know there’s still a ton about those that I don’t know, to say nothing of the other systems out there that I don’t know a thing about...

Any help you can give in giving me a direction would be greatly appreciated.
tpearson2040
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Agency Managment Systems

Post by tpearson2040 »

Have you looked at Xanatek? Their system is called IMS4, and the system is very user-friendly. You can add any type of policy type/name in their administrative settings area, update when and how you need to do so. They have Acord forms, offer downloading, form letters (merge from Word), email, reports, diary/open task follow-up, calendar, and great support. I am a former Applied Systems user, including their newer EPIC version. I prefer IMS-4 over Applied and AMS Sagitta - anyday. Their sales # is 800-875-6033; website is https://xanatek.com. If you google the name, there are reviews you can reach for yourself.

It does not do your agency accounting, but you can invoice and record agency-billed items - our office has mostly direct bill, thank heavens. If you want to do a lot of agency bill and need built-in A/R, A/P and payroll capabilities, you may be stuck with one of the other systems out there. Good luck in your search.
Jami.Bubnis
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Jami.Bubnis »

Hi there!

You should check out QuiKer for AMS360. It is a nice addition to the product and makes documentation a breeze!

https://simplyquiker.com/
jcushing
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by jcushing »

I recently wrote a post on here about 4 of the systems that we have used for our agency. The one we have been using, that has been the best so far is ARC. Arc-ware.com. It's industry-specific, for life and health, and scales well as your business grows from individual to agency. It was built by agents, and has tons of features for the office and field. It's not as heavy on reporting as something like Agencybloc, but if you want book of business management, prospects, training, and communication, it's great. Hope that will help you find the right system.