PL Raing (Vertafore) does not support Chrome?

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

pageltd
Insurance Journal Addict

PL Raing (Vertafore) does not support Chrome?

Post by pageltd »

Hard to believe a company as large and successful as www.vertafore.comdoes not support Chrome for PL Rating. But...it's true.

Even Microsoft is bailing on failed Internet Explorer!
George Page
www.pageins.com
VertaforeMktg
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: PL Raing (Vertafore) does not support Chrome?

Post by VertaforeMktg »

Hi PageLtd,

Our customers are our top priority, and we are actively updating all of our core solutions to provide more value to you. With the next PL Rating release, we will be adding support for current versions of Chrome and Edge. While not all capabilities will be available immediately, we will be adding them over time. We appreciate your feedback regarding PL Rating. If you have additional thoughts or ideas for improvement, we’d love to hear from you. Please visit the Ideas portal on MyVertafore.

Thank you,
The Vertafore Team
pageltd
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by pageltd »

I never get any response on the portal. It's too complicated to get into and/ or use. Just too many layers.

When is the next PL rating release?

You should have supported Chrome a year or more ago. I'm no genius, but the handwriting was on the wall, and with Google making investments into Applied, I would think it should be a priority. Am I wrong?

Do you have a date for the next PL rating release?
George Page
www.pageins.com
BADTROUT
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by BADTROUT »

EZLynx optimized for Chrome...
Uwe Philip Kirch
President/CEO Rocky Mountain West Insurance
President/CEO Horizon Agency Systems
Horizon can help you start or grow your independent insurance agency
https://horizonagency.systems
pageltd
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by pageltd »

that's good, but they're sill (2) weeks behind vertafore with one of our companies that rolled out a whole new rating platform.
George Page
www.pageins.com
NHINSGUY
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by NHINSGUY »

Why has the rollout of Chrome for PL Rating been so long. It all has to do with the integration with the insurance carriers. Most carriers 12-18 months ago did not work in Chrome. The bridge from PL Rating to the carrier would not work if PL Rating was in Chrome. Now that has changed the option of using Chrome will be available shortly.

On the issue of carrier updates not done I have found 90% of the time fault is with the carrier. The carrier did not send the updates PL Rating needed to map or PL Rating is waiting for the carrier to give the OK to release as they want to do testing.

Just an agents perspective.
pageltd
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by pageltd »

NHINSGUY wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:18 pm Why has the rollout of Chrome for PL Rating been so long. It all has to do with the integration with the insurance carriers. Most carriers 12-18 months ago did not work in Chrome. The bridge from PL Rating to the carrier would not work if PL Rating was in Chrome. Now that has changed the option of using Chrome will be available shortly.

On the issue of carrier updates not done I have found 90% of the time fault is with the carrier. The carrier did not send the updates PL Rating needed to map or PL Rating is waiting for the carrier to give the OK to release as they want to do testing.

Just an agents perspective.
I agree that carriers should be supporting Chrome sooner than later. I do NOT agree that the inability of PL Rating to support Chrome " all has to do with the integration with the insurance carriers". The bridge might not work, but the program should most definitely have worked in Chrome. Also do not agree with "now that has changed" because some carriers rating systems STILL do not not support Chrome. As I said before, they will have to since even Microsoft is giving up the ghost on IE code.

With respect to the second part of your questions, maybe. I think a front-end comparative rater could and should be so much more than just an input device with a random and limited number of inputs. Then again, insurance companies are wane to spend money on something for which they will not see a direct benefit. In other words, having us double key things is okay, because it's our time, energy and money. Not sure of the pricing structure for changes to PL Rating, but programmers are not cheap. That much I will give them.
George Page
www.pageins.com
BADTROUT
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by BADTROUT »

I think at some point someone beyond my pay grade will develop a "standard" for carrier and rater integration. Before anyone says... whoa that'll never happen, look at what The Association for Cooperative Operations Research and Development did in the late 70's. They built it... oh it took a little time... because the standard preceded acceptance.. but ask anyone in the industry now what an ACORD form is and that's pretty much 101 (save for the poor captive folks).

This browser dependency discussion should not be happening now... that was so 7 years ago when Chrome became the most widely used browser of the land. Expensive programmers or not, 7 years is a bloody eternity in this day and age. See the chart below and tell me it makes even the littlest amount of sense that ANY carrier, vendor, or brokerage still subscribes to mindset that the general public being ok with antiquated (at best) work systems and software? Clue up, carriers and vendors your old school risk pool world is gonna crash and burn with the coming of age of bigger data and AI. Information is now a commodity. Look at Hippo... a bindable (competative) quote in under 60 seconds? We won't need comparative raters when the minutes of tomorrow feel like the hours of today.

Uwe Philip Kirch
President/CEO Rocky Mountain West Insurance
President/CEO Horizon Agency Systems
Horizon can help you start or grow your independent insurance agency
https://horizonagency.systems
pageltd
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by pageltd »

Totally agree on the browser issue. I think we're being a dead horse here a little.

ACORDS.... That's another story. Totally unusable and rigid structurally. The days of information being requested in a specific and rigid structure, based on generalities is gone.
George Page
www.pageins.com