Insurance License

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

diane4413
Insurance Journal Fan

Insurance License

Post by diane4413 »

My insurance license will be up for renewal March 2007. I have completed all CE credits. I am currently laid off from work. Will I still be able to renew my license if I am not working by March. My license is for the state of Texas. I am a CSR. Any info would be helpful.
Thanks
melony
Insurance Journal Fan

license

Post by melony »

It shoud be as far as I know. Might want to check with TDI for specifics. Their site offers a wealth of information.
Laughter really IS the best medicine!
INTLXS
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by INTLXS »

You are licensed as an individual, so your license would follow you. If they properly notify the TDI, you will no long show as affiliated with that agency. Also the carriers may not renew their appointment for you but most companies are not that current on their licensing appointment and carry them for years after they are no longer dealing with that agent or agency. Check their website for more information.
Victoria860
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by Victoria860 »

Your renewal information should come to you and then you just are responsible for paying it. I moved from a job where I was licensed in every state and maintained them for awhile before the cost was just a burden. But like others have said check with the state DOI to be sure. I think as long as you pay and have done all the requirements you will be fine.
wlunday
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by wlunday »

If you are realy just "laid-off" the agency should still have you as an affilliate. If you have been terminated by the agency it's a different story.

Most states allow for some transition time. Many parents take time off after the birth of a child, death of a spouse, lay-off during economic downturns, whatever. Washington state requires an agent to be appointed by a carrier or affiliated with an agency to renew the license, but allows an agent to go without either for two years before having to re-test for the license if it lapses. Check with Texas. You may not need to pay a renewal fee until you get a job, within a set time, of course. Good Luck!