Nexsure users

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

stephen
Insurance Journal Fan

Nexsure users

Post by stephen »

Happy New Year All,

just wondering if i could get some new feedback from any agents currently using Nexsure ~

I'm trying to make a good choice {for the present & future} between 360 and X, and would be fine going without the full accounting feature....* this will allow my agency access to Nexsure { being less than 10 users }

Thanks in advance & have a wonderful '07 !

S
' seize the day serenely '
ckelsoe
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by ckelsoe »

We recently moved from Nexsure to AMS 360. I can state with confidence that this is one of the decisions that will absolutely affect the productivity and profitability of the agency.

I do not intend to discourage you from Nexsure, but to pass on some advice to do your research and due diligence of both products in depth. We took a look at the feature set of Nexsure at face value and believe we would have made a different choice had we done more homework up front. This is based in part on the specific needs of our agency and other agencies with different needs might choose differently.

I would very highly recommend visiting with agencies of similar LOB's and size (both staff and premium) of each product and spend time sitting with the users. Look at the workflow to complete task that are common to the LOB's you sell.

You will find users who love or hate either product. We had a bad experience with Nexsure and love AMS 360. I am sure that the reverse might be true with other users.

AMS set us up with a test agency prior to our final decision so that we could test specific workflows that we had issues with which was very helpful. I do not know if Nexsure will do this.

The people at both vender's are excellent. We do notice that the AMS support issues are more related to "How do I do this" versus our experience with Nexsure of "This does not work."

Both vendors are improving their product continually. AMS seems to have a more mature product in a lot of ways, however, Nexsure also has areas that are innovative.

Best of luck in your decision. Make it carefully.
Charles
Charles R Kelsoe
TheInsKid
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by TheInsKid »

We have been on Nexsure for the past 2 plus years. The system is cutting edge and is improving every week. The things that we like about the system are system wide changes can be done in a very short time span; the customer service from Nexsure is very good and helpful; the system is internet based and access is universal but very high security!! The CRM side is very robust. The accounting side is where most of the challenge comes into play (and this has improved greatly in the past couple of months) but if you are a smaller agency it is less of an issue. The key to any system change is the "transfer of data"
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

1. ckelsoe, do not respond to this user, only replies to bad mouthing Nexsure, check the PM.
2. I am a 2 years user of Nexsure, less then 10 users. I have access to their accounting, not very good at that system yet but its is cutting edge. We used TAM on-line absolutely horrible and very slow. Nexsure is 100% Inter net and very fast. I really like the basic system, man pure and easy to use. Certificate, applications I love it the delivery system and more.
Its better to ask forgiveness then permission
(just do it)
ckelsoe

Post by ckelsoe »

sanddog1,

In rereading my post, I wonder where you get the idea that I badmouthed Nexsure. It is one thing to bad mouth a product and another to relate actual experiences with the product. I can provide a comparison between 360 and Nexsure as I have used both within the last 6 months. Plus if you search in the past post, you can see where I was a proponent of Nexsure until after we actually used it and saw the deficiencies and issues that exist still today with the product.

I am glad that you are having a good experience with Nexsure and can work within it's limitations. If an agency is looking for an end to end system, then Nexure is not there yet. I think they eventually will be and I feel have been instrimental in pushing the competition to move forward with the technology enhancements that are so deperately needed in the industry. I guess that is why at the Nexsure users group the main topics surround when things will be fixed and when features that are needed will be added.

The recommendation that I can provide for anyone looking at any system is to talk to users of the systems they are interested in. I can provide contact information to other agencies that share my view of Nexsure and have had similar experiences just as I am sure you can do the same in regards to TAM.

I simply was stating that anyone looking at a management system needed to do their homework.

Regards, Charles
Charles R Kelsoe
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

ckelsoe

Dude, you have total of 4 posting all concerning Nexsure. And you are not here to help us placing any business, I do own and insurance agency and we are appointed with every Top Tried carrier in CA, other then farmers, allstate, statefarm. So with that being said Explain to me why The Harford Ins., just invested over $20,000, ChoicePoint also invested over $20,000.
360 system my be good for other agencies. IF you're not familiar with the our agency system Nexsure or TAM applied on-line system and i can see your not. Then i would move on from this topic as i have feeling your SPAMER for AMS and merely promoting your own interest with AMS. Your not even an agent, you TECH guys think you know it all. I have never known any agencies that Hates Nexsure, or AMS 360. I have known Agencies that do dislike TAM/Applied.

You will find users who love or hate either product. We had a bad experience with Nexsure and love AMS 360. I am sure that the reverse might be true with other users.
(just do it)
ckelsoe

Post by ckelsoe »

Sanddog1,

You are barking up the wrong tree buddy. I am the operations manager of a commercial lines agency. I selected Nexsure for our agency early in 2006. I have been down the Nexsure road. I was at the January 06 users group meeting in Brea listening to users complain about all of the stuff that either did not work or was not in the product. I listened to promises by Nexsure management about stuff getting fixed. I was there the many times the delivery system you like so well failed. I was there when we were unable to print anything from the system the first of July 06 for two weeks - certificates, forms, etc. because of a botched update to the system. I have seen the hundreds of support tickets we logged to Nexsure of which many were never responded to. I have documentation from the CEO in writing stating that features that we need (and are in TAM, 360, Prime, etc) would not be in the system for 12 months or more. I have been there the many times that we have had to log off of Nexsure and log back on in hopes of getting a different server that was faster. I have been there for the many times that Nexsure timed out. I have been there the many times we have had to exit, clear the IE cashe, etc. in an attempt to fix Nexsure. I have been there the many times we have had to remember to start Outlook in the right order or it would not work with Nexsure. I can go on and on. Accounting, etc.

It does not matter how much money is invested into a product and by whom. That does not make a product work or fail.

The user in the first thread ask for opinions. I stated mine. I am glad that you like Nexsure. There are a number of agencies that do. Likewise there are agencies that are moving to AMS 360 or other systems.

And also Sandog1, I am not hiding behind a made up name as you are. I put my name in my post.
Charles R Kelsoe
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

ckelsoe , you know we have had this system for two years now. The only time i have ever called for help was down loading a book of business, i had purchased. I cannot believe the comments your making, concering this system rocks. :lol: I don't see large companies investing with AMS. They must know something Huh, :roll: maybe you should of hang in there just little longer there Skippy. You would never make in sales
And as for the jib, thanks. I don't need to broad cast my name to any back office dopes. So I am done with wasting your time....You smart guy you you you go pound those keys
(just do it)
ckelsoe

Post by ckelsoe »

Sanddog1,

I am glad you are happy with Nexsure. It must be nice that the issues that I mentioned that were global did not affect your business. Makes me wonder just how much you are actually using Nexsure. Not being able to print for 2 weeks caused huge problems for most agencies. I am glad you have not had the problems that other users besides our agency have had.

If you had your head out of the sand, you would see that I was simply recommending that the user talk to agencies that have both products and make a decision based on that. I do not understand why you have such a problem with that advice. The user wanted opinions. You gave yours, I gave mine. I did not go on the attack about your posts on this forum as I respected your opinions. I regret that you have to resort to attacking other posters that do not agree with your opinion.

I have the somewhat unique situation where I have used both systems side by side as well with the system we were with prior to Nexsure. The difference is very obvious not just to me, but to our customer service and sales staff.

Yes, we along with other agencies have issues with Nexsure that were never resolved. I have talked to other users who have lost data that they have put into Nexsure. There are issues that Nexsure is aware of but does not know how to resolve. We point blank ask the CEO of Nexsure when ten of the issues we have with the product were going to be fixed or added to the product. It was 12-24 months at least for most of them. We could not afford to hang in there as you suggest.

I do think that in time Nexsure will become a great product. There are great people that work at Nexsure. I know as I have met a bunch of them. They have been helpful in both our implementation as well as during our conversion away from Nexsure. There was field staff from Nexsure that came to our agency to help resolve some of the issues we had. They were not able to overcome the limitations and bugs with the product either. I know the management team at Nexsure is doing everything within their power to improve the product.

I also know that Nexsure is helping to make the other players in the agency management system take notice and improve their product as it is innovative in some areas. There are features within Nexsure that are very innovative.

We needed a management system that worked today, that had end to end functionality that an agency needs, and that we could depend on. At this time Nexsure is not the product that would do that for us. AMS 360 is. There are features of Nexsure that I like very much. We chose to go with a more established product that had the end to end functionality and to not be on the bleeding edge of agency management technology.

As for your fixation on the investments being made into Nexsure - The amount of money poured into a company does not make a good product. It is the people and the design of the product that makes a good product. Nexsure is a relatively new company compared to AMS and other vendors. Comparisons between Nexsure and AMS as a company is ridiculous. They are two different companies.

As for your statement about not making it in sales - I have worked in and around the insurance industry all of my life. I have done sales, sales support, advanced financial planning, software development, project management, and consulting services. My work has ranged from in the agency, the carrier, and agency venders. At the current time, I am responsible for the operations of an agency.

I truly wish you the best.
Charles R Kelsoe
TheInsKid
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by TheInsKid »

Hey Stephen, just curious, did you ever pick an agency management system?? If so, would you mind sharing what made you pick one system over another?
Thanks.
:lol:
racecarlover

Post by racecarlover »

Sanddog1 and ckelsoe I am curious; what are the respective sizes and makeup of your agencies (premium volume total, personal & commercial splits)?
pita3333
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by pita3333 »

Wow I see that there are some egos that are being stepped on in this thread!

I am also a 360 user and am the Ops VP of a 8 person niche agency with about 4 mil in premium volume. I have also used TAM as a user with some shared authority over setups...and I also checked out several systems before selecting 360 for our conversion two years ago. This included Nextsure, which I did not select due to the lack of long term (in my opnion) experience in the marketplace.

Every system has its good and bad...just like everything else in the real world. Charles has had bad experiences with Nextsure, Sand has had some good ones. I know of agencies that hate 360....check hard enough you will find what ever results you are after.

Everyone has a bias...its natural. I have two employees who can't seem to let go of paper...where I have been working paperless for over 7 years. Some of us are "naturals" when it comes to certain processes.

To wrap up my rant... :roll: emails and postings such as these can be "read" with out the ability to hear the inflection of the author. Some of the posters here are quite...well...lets say confident in their ability to walk on water...others are just dipping their toes in the same waters and are seeking advise.

Today I participated in a job fair directly focused on our industry. There were 60 persons in the room all wanting to join our industry. THe advise we (the panelists) gave them was to join the industry and get educated (in our area there is a local Community College with a new insurance education program) and not focus on the money that they think they can earn here. The shameful thing is that until now there was not any internal formalized training program for our industry. I could go on forever about how our industry has failed itself in this area.

Damn...just realized that I am still ranting....ok to really close now... :oops:
Stop arguing
Stop calling people names
Stop painting yourselves as the sole expert
Stop thinking you are a god

Start working together to improve our industry
Start respecting everyones opinion

And most importantly...this industry is very very small...and the internet makes it smaller. Realize that EVERYTHING you post can and will be found by future employers, business partners and clients. Before you hit that "submit" button...make sure there is nothing that you will regret at a later time.

Ok I am done now.....
ckelsoe

Post by ckelsoe »

racecarlover, we are small - around $15m of premium at this time. We do 99% comercial line trucking - very niche market.

Our carriers do not offer download so everything is manually entered into the system by hand. Another thing to consider is that because we are small, people do multiple functions so are moving through different areas of the managmenet system every day as part of their work responsibilities. Thus workflow and ease of quickly moving through the system is a factor in our preference to AMS 360.

There are always people who like or dislike a particular system. That is why I go back to the origional post I made on this thread that the propective purchaser of any system needs to talk to other users with a business profile simular to their own. I still stand by that advise no matter which system you decide on or use.
Last edited by ckelsoe on Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charles R Kelsoe
jctwindad
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by jctwindad »

I want to give a hearty "Amen" to Pita 3333, and congratulate CKelso for doing his homework. Don't take SandDogs comments to personally. This guy has postings on practically every forum on this site, and after reading suffering through them over the last 2 years, it is apparent that he is a consumate "know it all". I wish him the best, but this guy is full of it.

Finally, before he jumps my case. I have 30 years of experience, have built an agency from 3 employees to 27, with 3 locations and over $25 million premium. Along the way, I have earned the CPCU, CIC, AAI and LUTCF designations. And, unlike SandDog, I can spell and write a coherent sentence.

Good Grief Charlie Brown. Give it a rest.