Certificate of Insurance Tracking - Access or Excel Database

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

hans
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Certificate of Insurance Tracking - Access or Excel Data

Post by hans »

Not quite sure if you can get one for free. You need to buy a database software from a company if you want a reliable one. It usually needs "customization" based on your specific requirements.
tkbender
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by tkbender »

I know you said you're looking for a solution that you can manage yourself, but wanted to provide you an option that I think will help reduce your hospital's risk as well as save you and your department time!

MyCOI tracking services truly help reduce risk. They're a team of insurance professionals who are experts in dealing with all of the details that come with insurance and certificate of insurance tracking. I can personally attest to their due diligence in taking care of their clients. They help companies and organizations like your hospital reduce risk by going straight to your third party's insurance agents for these matters rather than trying to deal with your vendors. myCOI's software and tracking system also delivers real-time results and work to resolve all of your non-compliant matters for your company.

They save you time by taking on all of your certs, feeding them into their system, and managing and monitoring them until they see results. They also do more than any other company or cert-tracking system out there to chase down non-compliant matters.

You can check out myCOI here: http://www.mycoitracking.com/

and contact them here: http://www.mycoitracking.com/contact-us
bcsaudit
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by bcsaudit »

Based on your question, one of your biggest concerns is that you don't want a solution that is going to cost you anything. Business Credentialing Services (BCS) provides a unique solution for outsourcing certificate of insurance tracking that many of its clients take advantage of. It's a true no cost solution that requires your vendors to register online before they are cleared to do work for you. The registration process is simple, customizable, and includes allowing the vendor to submit their certificate(s) of insurance via upload, email, fax, or mail. We create an online document repository solely for your vendor COIs, and each incoming COI is audited for accuracy and compliance using your unique rules. Our proven corrective measures deliver unparalleled results. As of today, we have never lost a client, yet most of our clients switched to BCS from another competitor.

You can learn more at: www.bcsaudit.com
paulkallol
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by paulkallol »

The industry has changed completely. Few things to consider before you consider your provider-

1. Date Center and Security- Preferably SSAE16 certified. Service provider should provide you with PEN test results of their solution.

2. Technology- Solution should be based on Responsive Web Design tech. This makes the solution browser and device independent.

3. Experience of COI tracking

4. Stability of the provider and client base across various industries

5. Price: Although important but one should always opt for the best provider rather than the cheapest and regret later

6. Reporting: strong reporting and visibility

7. Ad-hoc reporting and advanced search capability

Kallol Paul
www.ebixrcs.com
kpaul@ebix.com
678-2812023
RiskManaged
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by RiskManaged »

Have you inquired with your broker to see if they provide any such cert tracking tools/resources? Im not advocating a change of brokers or switching to a larger brokerage but typically brokerages on the larger side and those focused on providing a more value driven experince will have such resources available for their cients. If you are in need of assistance with vendor compliance and adequate coverages/limits, outside of your own department's experince, your broker, if qualified for such recommendations would be a good resource for that as well. We are actually researching such software and solutions for our agency and we are not a large agency. I dont think excel is particularly well suited for cert tracking, as you really should have a system for reminders, etc....but as some have already mentioned there are also 3rd party providers out there that you can use relatively inexpnsive.
Evan B, RPLU
GB&A - Professional, Management & Cyber Liability
www.gbainsurance.com
paulkallol
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by paulkallol »

This post is quite old. Things have changed and the latest technology HTML5 is the buzz word. My recommendation- Explore Ebix RCS (http://www.ebix.com/rcs-channel). They are the market leaders with 1000+ clients and are the only large enterprise (rest are very small).

http://www.insuranceandtechguide.com/co ... i-tracking
pageltd
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Certificate of Insurance Tracking - Access or Excel Database

Post by pageltd »

Have someone build you a simple access database with entry screens, report / query functionality. A competent programmer could do this for this for very little money.
George Page
www.pageins.com
Brianag327
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Certificate of Insurance Tracking - Access or Excel Database

Post by Brianag327 »

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had a recent link for a Microsoft Access template for managing COI's? I am not finding anything to be helpful, and we are not looking to outsource.

Thank you in advance!
Briana