Farmers - your opinion

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

agent14
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Farmers - your opinion

Post by agent14 »

Seems that Farmers is getting worse every time I talk to a Farmers agent. Latest word on the street, is just this week Farmers is telling all their agents that they are cutting their fire commissions in July 2018 by 30%. I can't see how any person looking to get into the insurance business, that has any brain cells, would consider signing up with Farmers. Many believe they are close to imploding, maybe becoming the next Employers Insurance. Circling the drain...
cameronspearman
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by cameronspearman »

Being a producer going against Farmers for years now, they seem to be in a constant state of commotion. This being that their rates seem to fluctuate year to year. Some years they are super low, while some years they are super high. If I was an agent for them, this would frustrate me to no end. But on the flip side, while their rates are super low (and sometimes seems that they do not even underwrite an account, can just add 80% sched credits for any account if they want to write it in a certain industry) the going is good for these agents as I have lost large HOA accounts to them.
ins-atty
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by ins-atty »

I received the below email message from a Farmers agent solicitor and I thought I would pass it on to the Farmers alumni on this thread for a good chuckle.

"Great business relationships start with great support. As a Farmers Insurance® agency owner, you'll have the freedom to run your business your way, but you don’t have to go it alone. Farmers® and business coaches like myself support agency owners to help them achieve their goals.

As a Farmers® agency owner, you’ll enjoy:
My personal support as an experienced business coach.
The independence to run your business as you see fit.
Support of a highly respected and growing organization.
Unlimited income potential based on your leadership skills and ambition.
The opportunity to one day transfer your business to a family member or loved one.
The ability to help your family, friends and community with products everyone needs.

Farmers "freedom" reminds me of the freedom enjoyed by the sharecroppers following the Civil War.