How difficult is it to get an Allied appointment in CA?

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

steve32
Insurance Journal Addict

How difficult is it to get an Allied appointment in CA?

Post by steve32 »

I have close to 5 years experience as an agent, owner, and producer. How difficult is it to get an Allied appointment? Also, how do you like their products for personal lines?

Thanks in advance.
Porter
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Porter »

It is not hard to get appointed with them as long as you meet their requirements. They want to see a proven track record of production, low loss ratio, and the ability to run a business. The experience I have had with them is they want you to be committed to them and they want you to make them your first choice. They will also give you a quota. If you are not close to making it your first year they will cut you. They will also most likely want you to transfer some of your book to them. They are serious about production so make sure you can meet their numbers. Where my agency is in Southern California they are very competitive with all their personal lines products. Allied is a good fit for my agency and I am very happy I got appointed with them.
Always Be Closing!
wlunday
Insurance Journal Addict

Al-lied

Post by wlunday »

Dude, forget it.

You are asking for headaches. I have a friend that worked as an Allied property claims adjustor for about three years, and when Allied approached me (to "buy" my book) I asked him about the company.

He put it this way... He'd never want his family insured with them! They were trained to deny claims and make life hard for the insured claimant.

Maybe it's different in CA?

Like I said, who needs the headaches?

I sent them packing...

Swymmer
steve32
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by steve32 »

What other carriers do you recommend in CA for prefered personal auto and home?
Porter
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Porter »

I have had a different experience with Allied with claims and they are top notch in Ca.

I would recommend Safeco, Travelers, and Kemper also.
Always Be Closing!
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

I am a Nationwide-Allied Ins., agent as will as an agent for Travelers, The Hartford, Safeco, Chubb, Financial Pacific, OMI, CIG, Zurich, First American Ins and many more. I can say all have a great claims history. The State of CA is very tight with problem child's like farmers, allstate. crap Allstate doesn't no whether their coming or go'en in this state, what a joke of company they are!!!!!!!!! How many times has allstate and farmers stop writing when times got tough???? Not one major carrier that I have, has ever stop writing in CA.
Allied Ins., is one of my top carriers and have never had a problem with claims. They smoke most carriers when it comes to personal lines. If there is a particular class of business insurance they want your not going to beat them with rate or coverage. :wink: :wink:
Its better to ask forgiveness then permission
(just do it)
sanddog1
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sanddog1 »

Opps almost forgot,..... your not going too a direct appointment with any major carrier Allied including without a huge comment in written premium. They could care less about your business plan, they want premium. The Reps for Allied as will as the rest get commission when bring in a new book of business. They will want minium of 400,000 to 700,000 written with in three years no question ask or your gone. I am a principle I have done it and been there, your wasting your time. Become a producer and build a book.
Its better to ask forgiveness then permission
(just do it)