Survey: Online Education vs In Class

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

InsAgentSF
Insurance Journal Addict

Survey: Online Education vs In Class

Post by InsAgentSF »

Which Pre-Licensing and CE classes would you prefer: On line or In class?

Thanks
simiinsuranceguy
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by simiinsuranceguy »

For the pre-license course, do a class. It will be helpful to be involved in discussions relating to others questions, etc.
Regarding the CE courses, I find that a old fashion book (not on-line) works best for me as I can come and go back to it any time and any where.
Porter
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Porter »

I like to go to classes that I may get something out of. For example: an insurance company sponsored class where they are review a new product and you receive ce credits for attending. I will do a few of thoses and get the rest of the credits from an online course.
Always Be Closing!
Sundance
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Sundance »

In both situations, I say classes. The one on one is ever so helpful and it is nice to get out and speak with other agents (insurance people) to get a feel of what is happening "outside" your own insurance world.
scott
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by scott »

For those new to the industry, a class will give an opportunity to get to know others who are starting their careers. The instructors can also be a helpful part of the network you should be building.

For those who are more established, classes help to broaden out your contacts and get alternative thoughts on issues. A danger in our industry is a malady I call, "Breathing Your Own Exhaust." We all think our ideas are great because they are our ideas. We need to get fresh ideas from new people.

For executives, classes allow you to see who the bright lights are out there. Finding smart people seems to be more difficult today. Having a network of people in all parts of the industry can pay dividends in future recruiting.
Scott Simmonds, CPCU, ARM
Insurance Consultant