National Agents Alliance? Legit or Keep Away?

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

colonpain
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: National Agents Alliance? Legit or Keep Away?

Post by colonpain »

Keep it simple. Do you want to work with a company that works for a 100 year old company. I think not. Work for the company that has the experience and the 100 year reputation and receive a larger commission, a possible salary, benefits and support with a lot more experience. This company stinks of the Golden Parachute (Good old Boy) syndrome. At the end of the day you are a number. So become a Kool-Aid drinking drone, or give yourself a fair shot and go for it with a reputable firm. I guarantee you that if you have what it takes to pass the interview process with the big boys you won't be paying for things like conventions, books, videos etc. You won't sit in a convention center listening to wifes drone on about how they can shop for name brand products and can shop for whatever they want. I will say that NAA does hire some very motivational speakers that were definitely beneficial for the masses. For any of you NAA Managers/Owners that see this. If you want to make a bigger impact on your teams and recruiting for the long haul. Spend less time wowing people with your Diamond rings and super cool clubs and give your people some training with Contracts, rebuttals, organization skills, recruiting, logistics (mapping your appointments). Assume your new recruits need a mentor that can fill in the blanks on even the smallest details. It just looks like sink or swim. There is a rush into this program and it reeks of a snow job to keep you guessing and management looking like champs because you are always bothering them with the details. This gives the average joe a feeling or need for complete faithfullness because you are fed just enough to get buy. Real companies provide bootcamps in your area and not ones that cost and are a planet away. There is nothing worse than travelling 500 miles or more and not getting enough training. Money can do strange things to good people. I have many friends that are wealthy and unfortunately with some of them, money has overwhelmingly changed there attitudes and demeanor drastically. It is a very hard pill to swallow that people with more than average intelligence are being misled by family and friends. Be Careful and good luck. Drink the Kool-Aid or move on.
colonpain
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by colonpain »

Let's see how many charge backs you get. Real data takes a year or more...don't you think?
pontiac wrote:SlushPuppyKing,

What company do you recommend? (or is NAA, ultimately the best opportunity?)

By the way, if anyone cares to hear, I cash flowed over $3,500 up front commissions last month with NAA. So the money is real.

pontiac
dont do it
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by dont do it »

you can cash flow with NAA but look out.... you will be shelling out money and getting charge backs within 6 months to a year.... it will all hit you. you feel like you are making money but it all goes back to NAA... all of it!

there are plenty of opportunities out there that you can do the exact same thing without all the RA RA and high lead cost and running around all the time.
successisgreat
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by successisgreat »

I think it is really funny how all these "curious" people are on here saying all the bad things about NAA or listening to them. Believe what you want to believe. If you want to see the bad in a company, you can see it. Wal-Mart, Starbucks, Target, and any other company you want to name has bad things posted about it. It doesn't mean they are true. If you want to be broke listen to broke people. If you want to be successful be around successful people. The fact is whether or not these other people want to admit it, is that NAA is a vehicle that you can use to make money as well as helping people protect their families. And YES if you write BAD business it will come back as a charge back, so the solution would be to NOT WRITE BAD BUSINESS. Know your products. Hello, does that make sense?? And Yes responders cost money, but go online and research how much it would cost to buy your own leads. And by the way, no one HAS to buy the leads. They want you to get as many referrals as you can so you don't have to depend on the responders. I will say in closing that generally people that are on these sites, want to see and believe the bad things because most of us are raised to believe that we could never make a million dollars, so unfortunately you never will. I, on the other hand, will make a Million dollars with NAA.
Much Success to All
dont do it
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by dont do it »

i worked for them for 2 recent years... just quit. i was always on top 20 in production. made a good amount of sales.... tried to keep my lead cost down. yes... u dont have to buy the leads, you dont have to travel etc.... but if you dont, you are not recognized and your upline will ignore you and give your leads to someone else or try to make you quit etc.... .as you start to do better, you get recoginzed as a leader and then you are at a point where you think you are doing great and your manager starts making you go here and there, makes your purchase a ton of leads, makes you buy this and that for your team etc..... and then you are just trying to stay above water. all those people who are earning the 100k rings ... you wont see most of them the next year. they are all filing bk. trust me.... when you first get into naa you will be thinking you are killing it but it gets worse. then you turn into someone you dont want to be just to stay above water. i was on the internet last year defending naa but now that i am away i am truly making money, building a team without all the bullshit.

do what you want, say what you want but naa is a scam, you will lose your shirt, your wife will hate you, you will lose friend you try to bring in the business. its like a cult and you wont realize it until you leave.
ask yourself why some of the big names of the company have left. they were all making money, they were all recognized at convention as leaders, rising starts etc.... and then they just quit. and your manager makes up a lie why they left. no "cross lining" is one of the rules... dont talk to other people ..... because they dont want everyone to talk to each other about "are you really making money or are you broke like me?"

andy albright owns another company :
http://www.customercareunit.com/contact.php
this company calls all your clients to replace the insurance after the first year. andy is in it for himself and that is it. chase a fake dream to make his come true. believe what you want, defend it but you can try it out for a year or two and then you will be posting on this site
successisgreat
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by successisgreat »

Just to respond to the last post. I am the supportive role, my other half has not left me nor have they lost their friends. I'm sorry that you were under someone who did not help you, but I am a 100K ring earner. We have been in for several years. Our income has grown every year and our team has grown every year. We do as much as we need to and are told to do and our manager above us loves us. And we did actually speak from the stage in July at Leadership, so we do have recognition, even though we are still on our way up. So, my other half would never be on these sites bc winners that want to stay positive, stay off these sites. The only reason I found this site was bc I wanted to see how easy is was to find negative stuff online. As it turns out I had to look pretty hard for it. So if you want to find the bad you can, but you really have to want to see the bad. I will not be on this site again bc quite frankly, it's a waste of my time. I have people to call who want to be successful and want to make money and I want to do my part in helping them reach all their goals and dreams. NAA has the best system out there, and I have looked, but NAA doesn't need everyone, just the BEST.
Much sucess to all!
dkthebk3000
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by dkthebk3000 »

Hi,

I am in the pre-licensing process and my mentor is involved with NAA. I've been kind of timid about it, especially since they are offering so many training sessions and meetings. My mentor hasn't been required to pay for any leads, but the stuff about the policies switching is scary. I just want to sell life insurance while to pay for nursing school. Is there a recommended company or resource for insurance jobs?

Thank you!
voyman
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by voyman »

Since I am currently looking to get into the mortgage insurance field, I have a sincere observation to share after reading all of these posts. I notice that many of the posts that have negative things to say about NAA and mention that there are better splits and better companies with better business plans out there, but nobody seems to mention any of the names of any other companies...why is that?

I'm not accusing, I'm just interested. I've heard that in today's economy that insurance is a very good opportunity to scale a profitable sales business, so naturally I'm looking to get involved. I've been a NY sales professional and manager for 15 years, and I'm proud to say that thanks to my efforts I've earned between $300K and $600K per year in salary, commissions and bonuses.

As a manager, I believe in dedicating more time and support to serious and productive salespeople that warrant it, but nevertheless I always believed in treating everyone with respect. Also, I don't mind the recruitment or lead aspect at all as I understand the benefits and how it works.

If anyone out there has a better system, company, split and/or opportunity than what NAA is offering me, and success is NOT based solely on the typical cold calling or approaching my friends and family, I'm definately interested to learn more about it.

If so, please contact me at feelingmore4me@yahoo.com.

Thanks for reading 8)
nx8631
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by nx8631 »

I have family in this business and it is somewhat of a sore subject. I tried their system and my advice would be- try it if you are tempted but be cautious.

If you are a cut throat person you will be considered as one of their people that, "Get it". It is a don't ask don't tell situation, and one of two things happen: 1. you realize their tactics aren't exactly honest yet they don't lie, but they get you to the next step up or 2. you realize it and get out

My husbands opinion of it was that it is a fly by the night company, that will make money but wont be around forever. They spread fast and constantly to make their money, and the higher up you are the more your cut is. The founders and down from them make lots of money off of the lead system, conferences, etc. They will also be the ones that give you the knowledge from experience, that is experience in psychological and somewhat manipulating tactics to do well in their company.

The calls, meetings, and support can actually be uplifting and fulfill the expectations of the belief they have in what they do! They do actually help some people when it comes to loss, which can be extremely rewarding!

This was also my first company to work for, and after 3 months in the field, I left. Since, I have spoken to several other companies who are hiring. They offer things that NAA doesn't with the same support group but also retirement, health benefits, even salary for your first ?? years. Even though I only tried NAA, talking to other companies made me feel like I should have taken my test and at least called some of the large booming surrounding companies. They had so much more to offer when it comes to starting off in insurance.

Some may want to join them and some might not. My morals are not with this company, but others may be...and so it is whichever you make it.
sethm
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sethm »

I've read tons of bad reviews about NAA here: www.naacomplaints.com
Their BBB report isn't good at all. They've got a C- rating which is poor. It is possible to earn 6 figures selling insurance you'd have to be a real hussler and a great salesperson to do it.
naafan
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by naafan »

NATIONAL AGENTS ALLIANCE IS WONDERFUL. I have been withhtis compabny for 4 months and could not be happier. I follow the system and am on track to make $100+ this year on only 10 months. I love this company. They have the best managers and support team in the world. They have a heart of gold and share it with everyone. Anyone wanting to make a living and make a difference should look very hard at this company. They have it all.
boxerdog
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by boxerdog »

pontiac wrote:Drafted money for leads not purchased??? That's never happened to me. What are the details? Or is this another one of those lies from drinking the Loser Kool-Aid?

Do this...Investigate those charges, and post the details of them. (Remember, you don't always get charged the very instant that you buy something...LOL) How about a straight answer for once? I still haven't gotten one. :)

(And you all know, when there's no straight answers to my questions, it means they can't back up what they say...which most likely means it's not true. Stay away from the Loser Kool-Aid everone.)

How has it been going Pontiac?
Man from McKavett
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Man from McKavett »

Sounds a lot of folks compare business opportunities to "Scams," "Pyramids," or "MLMs." And, they speak of most MLMs as a
scam or a pyramid, and none of the above seem to ever work out for anybody, and everybody looses money. Look, a job is a job-You go to work, clock in, perform your daily tasks/assignments/duties, what ever you call 'em. These are the things your employer requires of you in order for you to earn your check. Nothing wrong with any of that-it works very well for millions of Americans every day ! However, there are those Americans that have the entrepenuer spirit & want more than a job-they want an opportunity to create a little better life style for them & the family than what the "job" will ever offer them. So they enroll & invest in an MLM/Networking Business-Both the person working a job, and the entrepenuer have a responsibility in order for the job or the MLM to work - They have to work the job or the MLM - Business is business is business - Makes no diference if the business you're in is a job or an MLM, you gotta work 'em or they fail-If I gave you a brick and mortar business selling shoes in the mall-If, key word here, IF, you don't treat that business as a business and work it like a business requires in order to produce a living for you, then that business is going to fail !!!! Same goes for MLMs/Networking opportunities !! And I could almost guarantee that a majority, not all, but a majority of the people complaining that MLMs are scams, rip offs, pyramids, etc., failed simply because they did not work the MLM in the same manner they would work at a regular job !!! Even in an MLM, you HAVE to work it everyday same as you do a job, only difference is, you're your own boss & you don't have to commute back and forth to work every day. You still gotta put in the time and effort or it fails, regardles if it's a job or an MLM !!!
Man from McKavett
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Man from McKavett »

In my previous message regarding NAA Legit or Keep Away, I talked about jobs vs. MLMs and how so many folks think MLMs are scams, ripoffs, pyramids, etc, and nobody makes money except those at the top-I have a very good friend that's been an Amway distributor for many many years and he makes an excellent living at it ! However, there are people that still say Amway is a scam, ripoff, pyramid, etc. Amway has been in business over 50 years, generates 8 billion in revenues a year, is debt free and has 100s of thousands of distributors worldwide. They paved the way for all the MLMs of today-They did so by spending a lot of money and a lot of time in court PROVING they are NOT a pyramid, and proving their system of recruiting & compensation works. Does it work for everybody that joins ? No, absolutely not. Why not? Because many of the folks that join, hardly ever, if ever, treat it like you're supposed to treat a business-you gotta work it every day same as you do a regular job.
cecnjohn
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by cecnjohn »

Hi,

I was with NAA for about 2 years. I did learn a lot about sales but at a cost. I never did make any real money and I did consistently complete their weekly success formula. The biggest part I did not like was the ethical issue. Their product is marketed as mortgage protection insurance. I found after a while that people actually believed they were required to have this as part of their mortgage. I lost several policies after writing due to this fact. Clients would say I already have life insurance. The ironic part is, that's exactly what I was writing but couldn't tell them. Just wish I figured this out before I spent thousands of dollars on leads. This company is for some, but my conscience couldn't handle it.