Superior Access

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

myinsurance
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Superior Access

Post by myinsurance »

I am looking for single point market access with online rating ability for commercial business of all types. Talked with a rep from Superior Access today who sold it as the best thing since...single point online application, built in AMS, licensed all 50 states, max 48 hr. turn around time. By reading all these posts though, it sounds like the opposite is true. Has anyone out there had any recent positive experiences with them or other MGA's who can actually get business written (in a reasonable time). Thanks for everyone's perspective!
steve32
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by steve32 »

Insurance Noodle is great for faster turnaround on commercial lines. Funny name, but good service.
mclureins
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by mclureins »

I experienced the same as you with this company and even if they paid me double the commission I wouldn't go back. I was approached by them this year after the sale and I just couldn't see any changes whatsoever. It's not worth the "convenience" if any. You pay in the long run. BTIS is just as automated and they are all wonderful people. ATM also has some great markets.
myinsurance
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by myinsurance »

Thanks!!! I'll check those out. Just moved offices from CA to TX. In CA we used PIA for market access (in most cases) but the turn around time was 6-8 weeks and they didn't offer single point applications, AMS dashboard type hybrid, which is what intrigues me about SA. Anyone in Texas writing commercial have any ideas?

Mclure - just curious by what you mean when you say "you pay in the long run"?
foxyagent
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by foxyagent »

Superior Access laid off their whole Accounting Dept and are moving to Texas where they have their own retail agencies. Their management comes from Mercury where they do not understand how an independent agency works. Be very careful in giving these guys client information because if they are running their own agencies they can also solicit your clients at lower rates. I got this information from friends that worked there.
AGInsuranceOC
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by AGInsuranceOC »

foxyagent wrote:Superior Access laid off their whole Accounting Dept and are moving to Texas where they have their own retail agencies. Their management comes from Mercury where they do not understand how an independent agency works. Be very careful in giving these guys client information because if they are running their own agencies they can also solicit your clients at lower rates. I got this information from friends that worked there.
Mercury only works with independent agents. They do not have a direct sales system like many other companies that also work with independent agents. If you want a Mercury policy, you have to go to through your local agent. Mercury General's success, growth and market share are testament to their ability and commitment to the independent neighborhood agent, I.E Me.

Looking at your other posts, you seem to be here with a specific grudge. Reading your posts, the only thing I really believe is that Superior Access has had some turnover; this is not uncommon in these times. Layoffs often generate some bad blood. Please be aware that these forums are for professionals.
Please don’t drop random names into your feud.
We are in one of the most highly regulated professions in history, the idea of a wholesaler collecting your client data and using it at a retail level is completely beyond the pale. This type of thing should really not be suggested without proof.
AGInsuranceOC
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by AGInsuranceOC »

foxyagent wrote:Superior Access laid off their whole Accounting Dept and are moving to Texas where they have their own retail agencies. Their management comes from Mercury where they do not understand how an independent agency works. Be very careful in giving these guys client information because if they are running their own agencies they can also solicit your clients at lower rates. I got this information from friends that worked there.
Mercury only works with independent agents. They do not have a direct sales system like many other companies that also work with independent agents. If you want a Mercury policy, you have to go to through your local agent. Mercury General's success, growth and market share are testament to their ability and commitment to the independent neighborhood agent, I.E Me.

Looking at your other posts, you seem to be here with a specific grudge. Reading your posts, the only thing I really believe is that Superior Access has had some turnover; this is not uncommon in these times. Layoffs often generate some bad blood. Please be aware that these forums are for professionals.
Please don’t drop random names into your feud.
We are in one of the most highly regulated professions in history, the idea of a wholesaler collecting your client data and using it at a retail level is completely beyond the pale. This type of thing should really not be suggested without proof.
rorycambra
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by rorycambra »

Has Superior Access gotten any better? I am a new agent and they sound great as a single source to place business but after reading this blog I am having my doubts. Any other Superior Access type companies for California Personal and Commercial Business?
HorseJumper1112
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by HorseJumper1112 »

I used them at an old position and had the same problem. Customer Service was no good. I found insurancenoodle.com to be helpfull!
Brenda H
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Brenda H »

In Texas we have used Insurance Noodle, select Insurance and Tryton as well as Combined Group. They are have reasonably good customer service and mostly easy online system.
lombard007
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by lombard007 »

No way - Superior Access is worst.... I don't know about before but, I can tell you - just a month ago, I got tired with them and stop using them... Insurance Noodles are little better than Superio Access.
AutoInsGuy
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by AutoInsGuy »

The truth about Superior Access...I am a very large Superior Access agent. When I started I had virtually no direct appointments and through them now have a fairly large book and can get direct appointments. I truly believe Superior Access is my partner and was there for me when nobody else would give me the time of day. I too have been concerned with customer service over the past month so I did what any good partner would do, I called to see what was going on and spoke to the highest levels in their organization. Here is what I found out: They have experienced significant recent growth and have lost a few key underwriters to odd things, not to competitors. They have hired additional staff to get their service levels back to where they need to be, but training takes time. They are careful about who they hire, they want true insurance professionals. Most of the delays are in personal lines, not commercial lines. They expect to have the service issues resolved within 30 days. They are moving accounting to Texas as it is more cost effective, thus they can pay us higher commission. They have no direct retail division, they have never "taken" a customers information and sold it directly. They were actually offended by the notion. As far as not getting anything through, this is crazy. I have bound hundreds of policies with them over the past few years. Most of the business they can't place is E&S business, they are better at mainstream business, however, they told me that just hired a new manager to expand their E&S capabilities. I get frustrated too, but I recognize a long term partnership and believe they are true supporters of independent agents. Like a marriage there are good times and bad, but the good times with Superior far out way the few bumps that they are currently facing. That is what a partner would do!
mclureins
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by mclureins »

I have been burned so many times by this company. i am surprised they are still in business. Plus their online rating has had many accuracy problems.
m.finestein
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by m.finestein »

The truth for me is as follows:
impossible to get a problem solved in the same week. slow, indifferent service.
online rating programs are very hard to get an answer from, and play the lotto
if you can get a real person to help you.
Worst of all, I placed a CGL policy through them, rolled the client back to my
captive company, the client then received a solicitation from a superior agent
to take him away at a much lower rate.
boy, wasn't that a help!
This is a frustrating, awful way to go. it will cause you heartache, even if it
were FREE!
good luck to those future posting contributors who sign on with them, you will
need it, and we'll see your "feedback" in the near future I'm sure!