Online Learning (Commercial and Employee Benefits)

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

ILguy
Insurance Journal Fan

Online Learning (Commercial and Employee Benefits)

Post by ILguy »

Does anyone know of any good online resources for learning about selling Commercial Insurance and Benefits? I'd like to start selling these products but I have very limited experience with both.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
hhrchevy
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Re: Online Learning (Commercial and Employee Benefits)

Post by hhrchevy »

Try your local Independent Insurance Agents Association. Members and non-members can take their on-line courses. The Accredited Customer Service Representative (ACSR) program has Commercial Property, Commercial Casualty and Commercial Related Lines modules that will "spoon feed" the information by stopping and testing you every so often, and give you tips for selling the products. Most of what you need in being new to these concepts will be contained in the three modules.
ED3771316
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by ED3771316 »

Hook up with a General Agent.

Mid West Insurance Brokerage Service out of Arlington Hts offers everything from Pre Licensing across the entire spectrum.

IMPG out of St Charles is also a good one.
kfrasier
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by kfrasier »

We use http://www.ceu.com here at our office. We buy a block of classes each year and the employees can log on at their convenience and get their 12 hours of online classes when they want. They have all different types of classes and everyone seems to like it. You might check it out.
pita3333
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by pita3333 »

I am a big supporter of most things on-line. Education is one of my exceptions.

I do not believe that the average person gets as much out of online education in place of classroom/seminar. A big reason for this is missing the group dynamics. meaning hearing questions and input from everyone (some) in the room. A person gets the perspective of multi angles that reading something online (or in a book for that matter) just does not provide.

So my best advise for a person trying to learn the business is to find a person whom can be a mentor. That is the absolute best way ... you learn the ins and outs of not only how to "sell" but how to determine exposure, secure coverage for that exposure and market to a carrier. that is more important than selling ever was!
Michael Trouillon
Greater Los Angeles area

Consultant/Trainer agency automation system

Industry since 82

Past: Compliance Mgr master pol pgm, Ops Mgr, Marketing Mgr, Account Mgr
roy
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by roy »

A good source for commercial lines is Insurance Educational Association http://www.ieatraining.com. They have online self-study courses and online courses enhanced with weekly lectures and conferences with a live instructor.
jkdelz
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by jkdelz »

There are many good online resources for learning about selling Commercial Insurance and Benefits one of that is http://www.ambest.com.

- John
"Better to know what it is."
RSA QLD
farhan
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by farhan »

I took my course from www.learninsurance.com, they have a huge library of insurance courses, there are few more as well, better to google.
LearnInsurance.com, one place for all of your Insurance Continuing Education needs.
chizcurlz
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by chizcurlz »

I agree with Farhan, I took my pre-licensing exam with LearnInsurance and they gave me all of the necessary things to passed the licensure exam for Life and Health. Their courses cost in reasonable price along with freebies and an online instructor that will help you on all the things you need to pass the exam.