Purchasing X-Date Data

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

mica.cooper
Insurance Journal Addict

Purchasing X-Date Data

Post by mica.cooper »

Hello,

I am looking for a source of data for expirations. Specifically, I would like to define the companies I want to buy. So for instance, I might want data on Company A, Company B, but not Company C for a target county or zip code.

Does anyone know of a source selling such data?

Thanks,
Mica
AmyLanger
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Purchasing X-Date Data

Post by AmyLanger »

Hi -

My company has some X Data data -- what kinds of policies do you need? Feel free to email me at amyl@keymarketingadvantage.com.
JustinReed
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by JustinReed »

What lines are you looking for? In most states, workers comp x-dates are public information. There are x-date companies that compile this information and package it to sell to agencies. There are two problems with these x-dates. #1, the information is not regularly updated so you tend to get a lot of old information. Disconnected phone numbers, contact names that are no longer associated with the company, and bad x-date information. #2, an x-date alone does not tell you if these are actually worthy prospects. Knowing someone's x-date is helpful, but if they aren't interested in talking to you it is worthless.

The best way to get a good lead is the old fashioned way. To actually talk to the decision maker and find out if they are interested. If they are, then you have them provide you with the x-date information and tell you why they are interested. My company makes these calls for you to identify the interested prospects, gather their company profile and x-date information. Then if you choose, we can follow up on these prospects throughout the year to set qualified face-to-face appointments and manage your database.

With our services you never pay up front, all of our programs are based on monthly payments so you are "paying as you go".

Whichever route you choose, my advice would be NOT to pay in advance for anything. Cheap x-dates are no longer cheap if the information is either bad, or just not helpful. Worst thing you could do would be to pay up front for a list of x-dates and then find out later that your money was wasted. Refunds are few and far between in those cases.
Last edited by JustinReed on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justin Reed
justin@gmrplace.com
Guaranteed Marketing Resource
1439 W. Chapman Ave. Ste#77 | Orange, CA 92868
Tel: 714 .735.8502 | Fax: 714.735.8957
mica.cooper
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by mica.cooper »

Target data:

Personal Lines
American Family
State Farm
Farmers Insurance

This business seems to be MOVING right now ;)
tricia
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by tricia »

I know of a firm that will either contract for xdate lists or scheduled appts for commercial p&c or life/health
Sean London of London's Insurance Solutions
InsMgmt
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by InsMgmt »

Here is an excerpt from London's Insurance Solutions:

"By analyzing insurance agency profiles, LIS is able to target commercial businesses by employee size, demographic and premium and generate points of contact for agencies.

At LIS, we believe that there is a strategy to successful market targeting, and we can provide a bridge between you and your optimal client.

Our Method

We are an insurance marketing firm that specializes in providing pre-qualified appointments for independent agencies. Process: We contact businesses that meet your agency’s underwriting criteria and ascertain who the decision maker happens to be. In addition, we gather the expiration date of the policies, carriers and the incumbent agency writing the policies. We then determine the number of employees, number of vehicles, and number of locations of the respective prospects.

In order to save your agency time we determine the following:
1. If the incumbent agent is a friend or relative.
2. If the business has a habit of changing agencies every year.
3. If the business is dealing with three to four agencies at one time.

We do not keep prospects' information!

We track and manage the x-dates in a database and set appointments within the timeframe desired by our clients. All appointments are scheduled 7 to 30 days before a meeting is to take place, thus allowing our clients to adequately prepare for the scheduled meeting.

Our goal is to put our clients in a position to increase sales activity, gleaning the prospective market in question by affording the company useful time for making sales. As a result of our efforts, we want to see our clients build long-term business relationships with their new and current accounts."
kevinraz
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by kevinraz »

Here is another idea:

When I was with Farmers I would go to the county courthouse every other month and look at the book of property transactions. You could see who had bought a house pretty easily.

If they bought the house on June 1 you could be sure that their homeowners policy had the same effective date.

I could get 50 of these for free, took maybe half an hour of reading and jotting notes.
Kevin Rasmussen AU, CIC
mica.cooper
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by mica.cooper »

Kevin,

I thought of that and thats really good if you have a single agency. I am looking at data for 30+ agencies in five states.

Thanks for the post!
Mica
JustinReed
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by JustinReed »

tricia wrote:I know of a firm that will either contract for xdate lists or scheduled appts for commercial p&c or life/health

Tricia, have you worked with London Marketing? Are you working with them now? I would happily go up against them any day and I can provide references of my own and I can provide you with agents who have used London Marketing or Pro-Active Referrals (same person, Sean London). I am confident that in direct competition, my firm will earn your business.

thanks
Justin Reed
justin@gmrplace.com
Guaranteed Marketing Resource
1439 W. Chapman Ave. Ste#77 | Orange, CA 92868
Tel: 714 .735.8502 | Fax: 714.735.8957
Jforrest3
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Jforrest3 »

I know that x dates are publicly posted information, but i cannot seem to find any of these lists
AppointmentSetter
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by AppointmentSetter »

You can go the data provider route for around one dollar per record or...
Pay someone $5.25 per hour, including phone charges and management, to build your list....
Then have that same person call the list and provide you with face to face appointments!

The problem is that many agents feel they are saving money by not outsourcing their appointment setting. Since you can get the job done for $5.25 per hour...that becomes your rate of pay, minus phone charges. So, do you want to work for this pay? Your paycheck is never derived from placing cold calls, only by being face to face with your prospect giving a presentation.

Now I'm sure you can pay 50-100 per appointment from some agencies, or pay 10-30 dollars per hour for their expertise...but in the end what really counts, what is your cost per appointment and what is your conversion average.

Feel free to contact me with any questions,

Mark
XDateMarketing.com
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by XDateMarketing.com »

We offer X Date data and mailing services for every zip code. You can be first in the door with our Xdate Marketing campaign. It targets P&C prospects just before their renewal date.

XDateMarketing.com handles everything, from letter creation, list targeting, printing and mailing. Just put the program on autopilot and have your phone ringing automatically from pre-qualified, interested consumers in your area. No contracts, each job is billed indidually.

Commit to your program by December 31st, and we'll honor our current 2010 pricing for all of 2011. Call me today for counts in your area!

Erik Burnett
1-800-843-8861 ext. 14
http://www.XDateMarketing.com
Steley123
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Steley123 »

I second the endorsement of LIS for their proactive, process-oriented X-Data gathering and compilation. As with anything, you get what you pay for. Good luck.
yoyowordup
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by yoyowordup »

Most of these marketing firms are not a very good investment imo. The ones I have talked to come across as very sleazy. Sean London from London Ins had me on an email and fax list and it took me over two years to finally get him to stop sending his spam crap.

I've also worked with T3 or T3 direct and the appointments I got from them were crap. I would show up for the appointment and the business contact would have a completely different thought as to why I was there and wouldn't usually give me the time of day. Strongly recommend staying away from T3.
Rainmaker
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Rainmaker »

You may also wish to consult Insurance Marketing Pros or Rich's Business Directories.

Good luck!
David E. Estrada
Founder & Managing Director
Rainmaker Advisory LLC
Portland, Oregon
www.rainmakeradvisory.com