E&O Coverage

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

INTLXS
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: E&O Coverage

Post by INTLXS »

We used to write with Westport until they moved to an underwriting arangement with the Big I then the service went down hill and we couldn't get quotes. E-mail submissions were not opened for up to 3 weeks after we sent them and had renewal quotes come in after renewal dates when we submitted renewals 45 days prior to expiration. We determined we couldn't afford to do business with them because their service reflected poorly on us. Some wholesale brokers may be able to access them still outside of the Big I program.
waterdog94
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by waterdog94 »

Try PGI Commercial (http://www.pgicommercial.com/getContactName.asp?flag=2). You may need a wholesale broker to access (Edward.McGrath@amwins.com).
yoyowordup
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by yoyowordup »

I changed from Westport to Fireman's Fund within the Arizona Big I a couple years ago. Premium went down quite a bit. I also got many quotes from other carriers. The Fireman's Fund premium was competitive and the coverage superior to anything else I found. I think they are a great fit for preferred insurance agencies.

With respect ot the Arizona Big I (and National), I love what they do for us and gladly pay my quarterly dues! :D
dave@idealins.com
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by dave@idealins.com »

I would like to respond to mhutch69. I have been a AZ Big I member since I started my agency in 1982. I have found their staff to be professional, well trained, and licensed agents who did not choose to work for the Big I because they could not make it as insurance agents. Quite the contrary everyone who works at their office could easily make it as a successful insurance agent working in an agency, but rather chose to assist agents in E & O coverage, working in the legislature both on a state and national level, and putting on a premier education program. (They do even more than I just listed) They are always friendly, courteous, and ready to assist the agency force in Arizona. They are by far the best Professional Organization I have ever encountered or had the priviledge to be Associated with, and with my background I have been associated with many organizations. The many insurance companies and agencies I encounter agree with my opinion. My insurance agency has grown to be successful and my family and I owe a lot to the Big I of Arizona. In reference to the few times over the many years that I have had to call on my Errors and Ommission Agent (the Big I of Arizona) they have been there giving expert advice and asssurance that I had the proper coverage. I cannot say enough good things about their E & O program. In most cases their E & O program is extremely competitive (depending on the experience of the agency). I can tell you from my experience with them and other agency owners I talk to, at the time of a claim I want to be with someone I have confidence in and that is the AZ Big I.
mhutch69
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by mhutch69 »

I can not comment further.

I wish you the best Dave.