Farmers Commercial Auto

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

ED3771316
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Farmers Commercial Auto

Post by ED3771316 »

The agent is probably being fed a line my the My Commercial Experts at Farmers. They genrally do not know what they are talking about or doing.
chromedome
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by chromedome »

As a Farmers agent of 6 years with a large book of business, I would guess that the agent you have been dealing with has about as much knowledge as the average Primerica agent. Farmers is currently hiring people from outside the insurance business as DM's and those rookies are training new agents. Nuf said about that. IF Farmers wants the type business that needs Commercial auto and IF there are at least five autos, the rates are very good. I would never use cross discounts to go after WC. I only look for the classes that FIG is really good in and market in those VERY limited classes. Unfortunately, those classes do not stay the same very long.
Rob
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Rob »

Additional question regarding Farmers Commercial Auto:

Anyone know if the Farmers Auto policy can provide coverage for non-owned autos (liability and physical damage) that are in the insured's care/custody/control? If so, then wouldn't that along with a GL policy preclude the need for a Garage Liability and a Garagekeepers Legal Liability policy?