Other System
33%

Total votes: 141

mhutch69
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Agency Management Syste

Post by mhutch69 »

socal77

When you have written as much business as I have canceled, start talking.

I generate 90% of new business via search engines. So, if I am a dinosaur, ok?

Again, the punk in you talking.

I have had experience with the Utah folks predecessor with even less success.

You can have that garbage. The company does not guarantee the rate they produce for a REASON!

But, you keep using it. Makes you easy competition. (which was true anyway)
Russmann
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Re: Agency Management System

Post by Russmann »

<stepping away from the mhutch69 war of words> ... Porter, they're gone because XD let them go. Word was that they were going to go after mega-brokers and get out of the retail market (which has not been kind to them). They have a good product but the barriers to entry for vendors beyond THE BIG TWO is tough to do.
Socalagent77

Post by Socalagent77 »

Hello again Mr. mhutch69,
With all due respect, :wink: I am impressed you cancel more than you write? Though I have always been taught retention is important that is why we use Quomation’s mgmt system’s report feature to help us keep track of slow pays and cancels. If you are using search engines to generate 90% of your new business this punk recommends you try SEO or even anger management both would help in your quest for new business. I will stick with Quomation thank you,

leads that we generate on line will populate automatically in our systems mgmt program with one click we can bridge to our rater allowing us to save valuable input downtime. This make for a faster and smoother prospecting process. FYI the rates on quomation are real time. The rates are only as good as the Insurer has them posted on its website. Real time means the rate is pulled from the Insurance company website to your rater. Maybe your experience was bad because you just did not understand how to use the product. Older folks do have a degree of difficulty adapting to new technology. It is important to keep up and stay current with technology. If not you will be left behind with your current rater and other Dinosaurs in the Stone Age. and by the way ( sorry they cancelled Fantasy Island :( .) Quomation is so easy to use even a caveman can do it!Image
We are our worst competition when do not seek out the best technology for our agencies.

To quote Albert Einstein: "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
Ciao :D
threed

Post by threed »

Our agency has been using Quomation products for 7+ years. We have 6 offices with 3-4 agents in each, 85/15 PL/CL. Their products have been sufficient so far but we feel that the management system is lacking in so many ways.
1. It doesn't encourage any specific work flow, i.e. Activities in TAM or Actions in Hawksoft (both of which we're considering). Basically each agent uses the system in their own way. Most of them simply use it as a place to store names, phone #s, policy #s, etc...
2. Quomation's support is great but their training is poor.
3. We have found that downloaded policy data often duplicates clients and policies which render reports inaccurate.
4. The commission calculator is bad and our commissions are still being calculated manually each month.
5. They ARE a comparative rater company that also throws in an AMS.
6. While the interface is aesthetically prettier than the "dinosaur" systems, what does that matter if the workflow is fundamentally flawed?
7. It doesn't automate marketing, account-rounding, cross-selling, etc...

I like TAM but the price for 20 users is over $25K and then $2,500 p/month. Hawksoft is about 1/5 the price and seems to be a better fit for our agency. Feedback welcome from agencies with similar makeup.
Socalagent77

Post by Socalagent77 »

:D I agree Quomation has its strong and weak points, however for a new agency it is great startup software. The live chat feature allows us to always be in contact with support and the programming team. This is a huge advantage because it allows our agency to make on the spot changes. I agree it is easier to reach Quomation's tech team by live chat rather than by phone allowing us to continue working the phones with clients. Quomation like BMW is working to be 'A company of ideas'. If the Quomation software does not suit your needs you can always stay with the status quo. Again for new Agencies sticking to a budget (till your renewals kick in) for the price the software is awesome.
So far Quomation, unlike other raters does appreciate positive back and advice to improve its product from even 'newbie' agencies. 8) Again do your research and make an informed decision. Thank again for all the 'positive' feedback. Our experiance with Quomation's service has been excellent and we look forward to more California Agencies getting on board.

now as for mhutch69
Insurance Journal Addict
Thank you for the kind private message. Since you are so mature and wise beyond your years. I feel everyone can learn from your vast experience. So I decided to share your insightful wisdom and kind words of encouragement to all the other 'newbie' agents on this site. Your private message was received with the warmest feelings of gratitude. You are a fine example for us to follow and we all will benefit from your inspirational words in the future. Good luck and happy selling. :roll:

Subject: you obviously do not understand insurance...
Sent: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:57 am
To: Socalagent77
You have posted since 03/25 but you are a pro at raters/mgmt systems?

You obviously either can not read or just do not want to accept your place in this industry.

"When you have written as much as I have canceled, let me know". IN other words, (simplified for your allegedly young mind) I have CANCELED more than YOU have written...

Get it now, genius? Until you have done so, (shall I explain it again for you, amateur?), then shoot your mouth off.

Until then, I am sorry you chose substandard software as that is obviously all you can afford.

Too bad. When you buy a REAL system, let us know. Until then, you are easy competition.

Later geek.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
mattbalt

Post by mattbalt »

Has any body switched from Quickfile to Xanatek? We presently have Quickfile and are considering other Agency Management Systems. QQ Solutions is Quickfile's updated and hosted version. Not sure if I want to have our info on a hosted server. My position at this time is I prefer to have our data on our own server. Please feel free to leave your thoughts and experiance's.
threed

Post by threed »

@Socalagent77
We have appreciated the fact that Quomation has been willing to implement some of our ideas into PowerManage. My last phone call with them revealed that a lot of the features we would like are slated for 18+ months out. That was discouraging.

We recently visited an agency that is using Hawksoft and specifically uses it for commission calculations. They demonstrated how the direct bill commission download works and it was amazing! Although only 8-9 of our carriers send this specific type of download, it happens to be where 85% of our business is. This is going to be a huge time saver and help us achieve more accuracy.

@mattbalt
With regard to hosting your own data, I'm sort of on your side. As long as the agency has someone that has some basic networking knowledge and can keep up with software/hardware updates and manage the off site backups, you can really save a lot of money self-hosting. Hawksoft quoted their hosting option and it adds up to almost $8,000 more per year. I'm pretty sure I can get a sweet server setup, solid off site backup, and some custom IT support for less than that.

Off site backup is the most valuable thing you'll spend your money on. We were broken into over a year ago and are about 80% paperless. It was pretty scary to think that everything stored on the stolen server would be lost. Luckily, the backup company restored 100% of our data and it was as if it never happened. I would pay 4-5x what they charge, it's that valuable. We use Mozy Pro and love it.
aharmon

Post by aharmon »

Hello,

I am with QQ Solutions. Our QQ Evolution management system is hosted on our servers. This is actually a savings to the agent over time. The reason being is the cost you will pay for up keep. This includes buying larger hardware as your business grows, maintaining security, data recovery, etc. QQ Evolution is priced so any agency can obtain a high quality management system with all the features you need to run your business. We will also shortly have direct bill commission downloads.

We also have a SLA agreement that guarantees access to your data. The data is secure behind 128-bit SSL encryption for security with backups.

For more information please visit our Web site: www.QQSolutions.com or contact us at 800-940-6600.

Sincerely,
Product Management
QQ Solutions
michga11
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by michga11 »

I have only ever worked on AMS, so I can't really answer the question. I would imagine that all the systems have their quirks, though. The key is to find a way around the quirks and make it work for you.
michga11
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by michga11 »

oh no. there's a pissing contest on page 3. let's not let voltron see or he will want your IP tracked with a permanent ban.

*watches for voltron in an extremely nervous-like state of mind*
michga11
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by michga11 »

omg, noooooo! there is more pissing on this page. i can't look any longer. omg omg! this is ruining my life! halp me!!
Josh
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Josh »

@michga11 The forums are intended to be a fun and helpful community.

The rules are simple. Be respectful of other users.

Ideas, opinions and lively debate are welcome. Personal attacks and general flaming are not.
Josh Carlson
Insurance Journal

Get Insurance Journal's Daily Headlines e-mailed to you. Sign up free here!
https://www.insurancejournal.com/subscribe
michga11
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by michga11 »

mickeyfridia178

Post by mickeyfridia178 »

Quomation is a scary group that I would run the other direction. Their web site says they are in TX? We have ovef 500 producers without ONE using their alleged rater. We do Not UPDATE Quomation any longer in AZ. and have not agreed to provide programs and proprietary information to them in CA. and that is the reason they are playing games with our AZ. program...

Our experience has been entirely unprofessional and unbusiness like compared to FSC and many other raters we work with nationally.
michga11
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by michga11 »

our agency goes beyond unprofessionalism and actually fit into the 'not legal' category. well, not all of us, half of us. the long-timers and the CEO are into illegal practices, i won't go for it. i'm not putting my license on the line, i just want to do the right thing for all parties, as that is what my job is all about. i get pretty sickened by their shady practices and they know it as i am quite a verbal person. apparently, "we" (although i try to pull myself away from this whole "we" thing, as i don't want to be associated, but apparently i have to...because i work here :) are trying to be better (people) and get into these whole "best practices"...practices... i've been doing "best practices" as i have known them to be, since the beginning of my insurance career. it really sickens me the way we say we give a crap and make up all these false promises that we don't keep. it's pathetic. the people that i work for are some of the main reason insurance ethics are a CE requirement.

p.s. most producers don't even understand insurance. they just sell it. they get by with just knowing enough.