Other System
33%

Total votes: 141

Socalagent77
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Re: Agency Management System

Post by Socalagent77 »

RE:mhutch69 Quomation Management system. :shock:

RE: QUOMATION , first off this guy is either very confused or very uninformed. FSC FINALLY HAS SOME COMPETITION AND THEY ARE WORRIED. THIS IS THE MOST CUTTING EDGE SOFTWARE ON THE MARKET! YOU ARE SO SO WRONG ABOUT QUOMATION.
(YOU WROTE)If the mgmt system from Quomation is free, think about what you normally get for free today?
RE: NO IT'S NOT FREE IT IS AWESOME THOUGH!! (BETTER VALUE AND PRICE THAN HAWKSOFT AND FSC) CHEAPER TOO!
(YOU WROTE)There is a reason it is free. It is not worth any money???
RE:IT IS WAY WORTH THE $$. About half of FSC with way more options.
(YOU WROTE)
Also, be careful dealing with the Utah folks. My personal experience has been TERRIBLE! Holding entities hostage, intentionally disrupting business to extort monies for work which was NOT asked for but they wanted to collect due to their financial needs?
RE:SOUNDS LIKE YOU OWED THEM MONEY! Or HATE MORMONS? Heard of contracts?
(YOU WROTE)
Quomation is a scary group that I would run the other direction. Their web site says they are in TX? We have over 500 producers without ONE using their alleged rater.
(WAS IT TEXAS WE RUN FROM OR UTAH ?
RE: SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED TO UPGRADE FROM THE OLD HORSE AND BUGGY (FSC) TO A BMW (QUOMATION)!
(YOU WROTE)We do Not UPDATE Quomation any longer in AZ. and have not agreed to provide programs and proprietary information to them in CA. and that is the reason they are playing games with our AZ. program...
RE: THEY ARE THE # RATER IN AZ DO NOT BE A RATER HATER! :roll:
RE: YOU MUST BE not TALKING ABOUT THE SAME QUOMATION.
(YOU WROTE)Our experience has been entirely unprofessional and unbusiness like compared to FSC and many other raters we work with nationally. RE:(WRONG AGAIN)
RE: WE HAVE NOT HAD THAT EXPERIANCE YOU DESCRIBE THEY HAVE BEEN EXCELLENT!
RE:FSC IS HARD TO USE AND OLD (LIKE PONG) VS Sony PLAYSTATION.
RE:FSC IS COOL BUT OUT OF DATE! LIKE DRIVING YOUR GRANDPA'S CAR.
(YOU WROTE) RUN from this vendor. They do not understand their place in the process. A THIRD PARTY VENDOR does not dictate dic. RE: VERY CUTTING EDGE SOFTWARE)
RE:TAKE A FREE TEST DRIVE> MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND! I Don't think this guy is legit. Sounds like a competing rep that is losing sales to Quomation. I RECOMMEND QUOMATION HIGHLY!!
RE: I AM A REAL AGENCY OWNER 8)
mclureins
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by mclureins »

NOBL system through Paulmar shoudl be on there too.
mhutch69
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by mhutch69 »

Socal77.

I have been an independent agency owner for over 33 years. I am not a competing rep nor do I care which rater anyone uses.

The guy asked about start up and I told him my experience. If you like Quomation, congratuations.

they WILL screw you eventually.
NO, we owed them NO monies. We did NOT want one of our programs ON ThEIR RATER.

They did not agree and felt we should PAY them for the program although they were doing NO work.

You know nothing about the AZ. market. So, keep your smart ass mouth shut.

PUnk
bchill

Post by bchill »

I have personally worked with over 100 agencies that use Quomation's rating system. For the most part they are extremely happy with what they are purchasing. The agents who have decided to use the Power Manage management system are very happy with it. It is no AMS but it is great for the average agency. Most agents I work with don't even know how to use the added features of AMS or Applied so they are paying for features that they don't even need.

I recommend trying them if you are on a budget and want excellent service. They offer a free trial.
larsimo

Post by larsimo »

Socalagent, why are you yelling? Do you yell at your clients also?

As for systems, nothing beats AMS360. A tiny bit more expensive than others, but hey, got pay to play!
jctwindad
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by jctwindad »

I have a 3 location, 19 person agency. We have been AMS since 1994. We are currently AMS 360 Online. Have been for about 18 months now. We like it a lot. Our monthly user fee is $130 per employee. For the poster who was considering whether to use an in house server, or go online, I strongly recommend going online. You will eventually be there anyway, and to go directly to online will save you some additional transition fees and downtime. Also with online you gain the advantage of being able to log on from anywhere in the world, as well as an advantage in disaster planning (you don't have to worry about something happening to your server - if disaster strikes your office, you still have access to all of your agency management system). I also strongly recommend going paperless, and using dual monitors, for improved efficiency.
Porter
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Porter »

Can anyone give information on NexSure? How do you like it or dislike it? I have been looking around for a new system. AMS 360 and Applied are too expensive for me so I am looking for good alternitive that I can afford. I need a system that is online.

Thanks,

Porter
Always Be Closing!
Socalagent77

Post by Socalagent77 »

In response to Larismo,

Socalagent, why are you yelling? Do you yell at your clients also?

As for systems, nothing beats AMS360. A tiny bit more expensive than others, but hey, got pay to play!

I am sure AMS360 is awesome and no I do not yell at my clients. I was using caps as a point and lower case as counter point.

Thank you for the response,
Socalagent77

Post by Socalagent77 »

In response to mhutch69,
In response to have been an independent agency owner for over 33 years. I am not a competing rep nor do I care which rater anyone uses.
The guy asked about start up and I told him my experience. If you like Quomation, congratuations.
they WILL screw you eventually.
NO, we owed them NO monies. We did NOT want one of our programs ON ThEIR RATER.
They did not agree and felt we should PAY them for the program although they were doing NO work.
You know nothing about the AZ. market. So, keep your smart ass mouth shut.
PUnk
mhutch69
Dearest mhutch69,
Thank you for sharing your experience, However before you blow a gasket understand that Quomation is a great software company affordable and easy to use. When you got into the business 33 years ago around 1977 Hotel California was the album of the year and 1977 saw the opening of the First West Coast Computer Faire in San Francisco where many attendees got their first looks at the Apple II and the Commodore Pet 4k RAM 16k ROM ($795US).
All I am saying is times change and as a new agent you have to pick software that works for your age and ability. FSC fits the dinosaurs well. Quomation is like having the Iphone with all of its cutting edge features.
Take a test drive and see for yourself. Don't take the word of a smart ass punk or a 33 year experienced old dinosaur.
Its not 1977 anymore. I had to pay Hawksoft the license fee (also returned the tie dye t-shirt) to get out of my contract and FSC was cordial enough to let me out after I tried them for two months and had to go to therapy.
Just read the contract and take a test drive before you sign on the dotted line!
As far as Arizona goes, it is very hot and Quomation is still the #1 rater there.

People used pagers back in 1977? I am not yelling am I ? :D
Ciao,
CSRQueen

Post by CSRQueen »

Porter wrote:Can anyone give information on NexSure? How do you like it or dislike it? I have been looking around for a new system. AMS 360 and Applied are too expensive for me so I am looking for good alternitive that I can afford. I need a system that is online.

Thanks,

Porter
Porter,
We went live on Nexsure in 2007 and it's been a downhill slide ever since. We've had issues with speed , corrupted accounts, accounting functions not working...you name it, we have had it. On the surface Nexsure may be the better choice economically but what you will spend on downtime & fixing what has gotten screwed up will cost you much much more. I would make the investment in AMS360 or Applied.
larsimo

Post by larsimo »

Porter wrote:Can anyone give information on NexSure? How do you like it or dislike it? I have been looking around for a new system. AMS 360 and Applied are too expensive for me so I am looking for good alternitive that I can afford. I need a system that is online.

Thanks,

Porter
Porter when I was looking for systems a few months ago I did a lot of research and primarily I looked into AMS360, AMS Instar and TAM - all of which had online capabilities. TAM was quite a bit cheaper than AMS360 ($3,900 one time setup fee). AMS Instar for the price ($2,000) was a good deal too but ultimately I settled with the 360.

I briefly looked into the less well known brands but at the time support was a big thing for us so I stuck with the brands I knew to be reliable.
Russmann

Post by Russmann »

Porter,

I guess I'm surprised that they are pursuing you. I know their retail sales staff is pretty much gone. I agree with the other poster about Instar. It is not an "online" system but there are folks who will host it for you.
Porter
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Porter »

Russ,

Why is their retail sales staff gone? They did not purse me I called them.

Porter
Always Be Closing!
Porter
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by Porter »

I looked at Instar and Hawksoft and they are just too outdated to consider.
Always Be Closing!
apee705

Post by apee705 »

I agree if companies are paying to much for insurance they should not pay for downloading, i am also interested in life and health business , anyone have option i need help