Dental Plan or Dental Insurance

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

childishpet
Insurance Journal Fan

Dental Plan or Dental Insurance

Post by childishpet »

Is there a significant difference between a dental plan and an insurance? If so, what are their main differences and which one is better?

DDS Richmond
thebeacon
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Dental Plan or Dental Insurance

Post by thebeacon »

When it comes to dental insurance versus dental plan, dental insurance is actual insurance. In other words, the insurance companies assumes a certain risk -- that risk being the amount of dental assistance that you will need. On the other hand, when considering dental insurance versus dental plan, a dental plan is rather different. In this regard, no third party assumes a risk, there is no insurance company that assumes the risk. Dental plans are not policies of insurance at all.
childishpet
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by childishpet »

so would it be wiser to get the insurance instead of the plan? Since in the plan there is no assurance that somebody would shoulder the risk? Thank you..
ROBR
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by ROBR »

Insurance never makes sense for providing dental benefits to employees. Why insure such a small risk? If you want good info on this topic, you can visit my website. As imm. past president of the Consumer Directed Benefits Asociation, I created the videos for our group that you can view there. http://www.dradmin.com
ryanfinch
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by ryanfinch »

The inner workings of dental plans vs. Dental Insurance are subtle. You should really just take a look at what each has to offer. Compare the two, then make your choice. As to the advantages of each.. one disadvantage of dental plans is that they often charge an initial fee.. Good luck in your quest!
roberts.yolanda
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by roberts.yolanda »

The big competition between dental insurance and dental plans is a tough one. Dental health insurance, however, involves several more considerations than dental plans. If you decide to choose a dental health insurance package, remember that you need to think about annual deductibles, spending limits, waiting periods, limits on the coverage, and the monthly or annual premiums. All in all, dental insurance is more complicated, but it also offers a wide range of benefits. When it comes to costs, you will probably spend more on a dental health insurance coverage than on a dental plan. Dental plans, however, are simpler to acquire and they are also very affordable. However, making a choice between the two still depends on your specific needs.
Property Developers Vietnam
nathaniel
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by nathaniel »

A dental plan is more like a benefit plan. You have X dollars the plan will cover in a year and you are to pay the rest. It can almost be viewed like a purchased coupon or gift certificate.
apee705

Post by apee705 »

I agree insurance is something you will be benefited in long run, you will have financial assistance for dental insurance , dental plan is something different , so i advise you for insurance
chizcurlz
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by chizcurlz »

Applying for a dental plan is easier than applying for a dental health insurance package. The things is you will need to apply for a dental care insurance and do some paper works for you to accomplish in getting insured and receive your benefits. While Dental plans are easy to get since you only need money and other fees to receive dental health plans.
London946
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by London946 »

Whenever you hear the word insurance, it is more complicated. So when it comes to dental coverage I would personally choose a dental plan over a dental insurance. A dental insurance may have more coverage but the paperwork and the time it takes to get your checks would be a hassle. In a dental plan, you get membership after filling out the form and paying the full fee. There are several full coverage dental plans available in the market that are comparable to dental insurance. As one of the posters said, why go through the hassle of insuring something that is considered low risk

:shock:
Last edited by London946 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In major insurance companies quality comes before everything else | major insurance companies
icebox19
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by icebox19 »

childishpet wrote:Is there a significant difference between a dental plan and an insurance? If so, what are their main differences and which one is better?

DDS Richmond
try this website to get information about dental insurance benefit. hope by reading the article it will helps you.
London946
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by London946 »

As I have mentioned in my earlier posts, you can choose between a dental insurance or a dental plan. If you don't want to shell out money everytime you go to the dentist, you can dental insurance. As with any other insurance, dental insurance rates varies from state to state so it is advisable to get in touch with a local agent to know the rates
In major insurance companies quality comes before everything else | major insurance companies
chizcurlz
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by chizcurlz »

I think, for a simple explanation, dental plans are much cheaper than dental insurance.
robmejia
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by robmejia »

I don't think it's wise to purchase a dental insurance when there is such low risk. Just go with the dental plan and find an insurance that you would need.
gandk452
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by gandk452 »

Dental insurance is NOT insurance. This is a fallacy that many patients do not understand. The benefit from a dental insurance is a fixed amount, and does not pay all of your dental bills
For more information go to www.StetsonHillsDental.com