Encompass

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

GrowthAgent
Insurance Journal Addict

Encompass

Post by GrowthAgent »

Are any other agents dumping Encompass books or transfering the books to other carriers?
new2independent
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Encompass

Post by new2independent »

Hi Growth,

Are you a MA agent? I know they are owned by All State and All State is planning on entering the MA auto market? From my experience, there are more competitive markets out there. Let me know some other info and I may be able to give some better advice.

Thanks!
johnhoefer
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by johnhoefer »

We are moving a good deal of our Encompass book. We have found their claims service to be very poor these days and they are more expensive than most other carriers. They have good policies, but if they can't deliver on the claims service, the coverages aren't worth much. We are moving people to Allied's new Private Client Group program.

What is you experience? Why are you moving your Encompass book?
briand

Post by briand »

We too are moving alot of our book with Encompass for the reasons previously stated. The policy forms they offer are very good but price wise and from a point of claims service they just aren't competitve any more.
GrowthAgent
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by GrowthAgent »

Encompass disbanded its national agent group. I'm interested to see if anyone is approaching the likes of Hartford, Travelers etc w/ their Encompass books. If so, what terms are being discussed. Encompass killed themselve for writing a ton of low limit unfilter business.
johnhoefer

Post by johnhoefer »

Can you elaborate on what you mean by they disbanded their national agent group? I am wondering if there is more to dislike about this company.