NAA Negative comments are true

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

jwb102347
Insurance Journal Fan

NAA Negative comments are true

Post by jwb102347 »

“Out of every adversity, there is a benefit.” My medical issues have given me a lot of time to reflect and to check more into NAA. Going back to the NAA blogs on the internet, hindsight shows that most of the negative input was indeed correct. To only pay a 55% commission to new agents (industry average is 80-100%) is criminal. Normally, you only take this kind of commission “haircut” when you get free leads. Obviously, that is not the case here since it probably costs about $300-400 per week for enough leads to generate decent sales volume. The majority of the leads are not forms people filled out requesting us to come to enroll them in a mortgage protections program—as widely touted at recruiting meetings. The fact that the newest leads are re-sold very quickly is unconsciencesable. There is no question that there are lots of sales made each week. However, how solid is the sale if the person who sold them was not thoroughly trained in insurance laws and products ? This is not selling with integrity when one of your top new agents stands up in front of a training class and admits that he just sold an annuity, but he really doesn’t know what he sold the client (Kaleb). Also, please see the attached quote comparison. I compared term life complete (preferred, non-tobacco--$509/year). Y’all are really not selling them the best value for their dollar—by far !!! So, as one of the blogs said, a lot of it will fall off the books when a good insurance agent has a chance to look at the coverage. This is not selling with a “caring” motive as the company espouses.

By the way, the agents and managers with NAA I met seemed like good, Christian people and genuinely nice—just misguided by top management.

P.S. One of the term life quotes I got was from Mutual of Omaha and it was much cheaper than NAA’s Mutual product. I can only presume that NAA has a “proprietary” product specially priced to pay NAA more commission.