My Email Inbox

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

d's insurance store
Insurance Journal Addict

My Email Inbox

Post by d's insurance store »

Over the past year, my email inbox has been consistantly crammed with solicitations from a handful of vendors/guru's who are promising to make me the biggest producer on the planet in all lines (personal, comemercial, life, health, annuity) if only I'll fork over the tidy sum that ranges from $39.95 (must act now...this offer will be withdrawn in the next 45 seconds) to thousands of dollars.

Some of these offers are as simple as e-book downloads. Others are in the mid range of 3 ring binder manuals with supplemental DVD's, while a select few offer a full blown system that promises new found fortune, the ability to put myself in front of big monied decision makers after blasting through their gatekeeper's and mind manipulation techniques that will hyptnotize the most cynical of high earners and have them begging me to sign them up, take their money and personally invite me to their country clubs to introduce me to their friends who also have fat bank accounts and multi million dollar businesses.

Many of the offers start with testimonials about how the poor shlub writing to me owned an agency and was on the brink of financial failure and then 'finally' responded to this email and bought their program, took their advice, implimented everything and suddenly within two weeks time, had a schedule full of appointments with people throwing money at them.

I'm sure I'm not the only agency principal who's getting this stuff. I think the vast majority of it is a bunch of hooey, designed to take desparate people and suck up their diminishing funds...but I would be interested in hearing from others here about their feelings and experiences in this new arena.

Go at it...
St.CaptiveGuy
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Re: My Email Inbox

Post by St.CaptiveGuy »

A business owner's our own worst enemy is inertia. So if one of these "consultants" or "special offers" gets an owner off his/her duff & causes activity to be generated, then even if it's not the best effort right out of the gate, as long as it doesn't brake the bank, isn't that improvement?
Try something. If it doesn't work, try something else. Keep trying. Keep learning. Here's a good post illustrating an example of this: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2970
scott
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: My Email Inbox

Post by scott »

Perhaps some on this forum put me in this class.

Over the past ten years I have built several email lists - people who have signed up for my newsletter, attended my teleseminars, purchased other products, and of course those who are clients.

I periodically send newsletters and announcements. My marketing has long been based on providing value. You see value in what I post here and you sign up for my newsletter. You like what's in the newsletter and you attend a teleseminar. You think you will benefit from my mentoring and you contact me to sign up.

I do put out promotions in my newsletters and obviously I want people to buy my stuff. I also know that I need to provide great value.

My insurance sales book is $195. My insurance consulting book is $295. Both have a 7 day money back guarantee. If you dont find it valuable, you get your money back.

Spammers should be ignored. If you no longer want a newsletter, unsubscribe. Look to the body of work of the people you are considering buying from and use your judgement.

StCaptiveGuy is right. I'd add, paying $1,000 for advice or information is cheap if it helps you make $50,000. I buy well over 100 books a year. Not that every page is gold. However, it's pretty easy to get a great pay-back on a single good idea the author gives me.
Scott Simmonds, CPCU, ARM
Insurance Consultant