acords

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

qz4k5y
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

acords

Post by qz4k5y »

I am a new agent. carrier said i need to "fill out all the applicable acords" to quote business with them. They are not my mainline. What is the best way for a new agent to understand and get access to all applicable acords? The UW with this carrier doesn't seem to want to explain to me what i need, she expects me to know, and i don't have a problem with that. Is there a course i can take to explain acords? Is there somewhere that i can access and print off all acord forms? Thanks for the help!
volstrike3
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: acords

Post by volstrike3 »

you probably have access to acord forms in your agency management system. They agency you are working for should have trained you how to fill out acord apps before turning you loose to interact with prospects and underwriters. Look around to see if INS 21, 22 and 23 if offered in your area. Those classes are a solid foundation to start your insurance career.
DarrenR
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by DarrenR »

If you don't have an agency management system you can become an Acord member:

http://www.acord.org/about/membership/P ... fault.aspx
johnolsen
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by johnolsen »

Another good solution that is inexpensive if you don't have an agency management system is www.formsboss.com.
roy111
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by roy111 »

I think nowadays you can probably get Acord Appl. PDF to fill out and forward to UW for Quoting...
..If you really don't know anything about Acord Appl., try at least get familiar with Acord #125 and 126 first; it will help you to get a hold of the CL backbone.