Online Insurance and Leads

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

chizcurlz
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Online Insurance and Leads

Post by chizcurlz »

Search Engine Optimization is really an important in internet marketing if you're running a business online since most people are using internet to buy something what they want or to find information through the web. The best way to drive traffic to your site is to rank from keywords that give high search volume or interest.
sethm
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by sethm »

Online insurance leads are okay, but you need to be cautious in buying them. One of the things to consider when choosing an insurance lead company is the type of lead you want. Is it Shared? or Exclusive? I prefer Exclusive leads, but they much more expensive and difficult to find.
Eagleeye
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by Eagleeye »

I wanted to share with you a company that I use and have used since 2006. Not only are the leads I receive good leads but they are usually waiting for my phone call. I do not have these leads shared with anyone else either. The company I am using is Client Focus Connections out of Wisconsin. Their phone number is 715-887-2004. Ask for Diane or Sue and they can explain to you their structure and how they work with agents. This company has been my main lead source since 2002 for commercial clients. I have used them for personal lines but have not been a successful. Using them exclusively for my marketing in 2006 and 2007 my agency wrote over $1,000,000 in new business! In 2008, 2009 we wrote over $500,000 just from their leads they provided. I have sold my agency and now a consultant with another agency and this year starting them in June we are now approaching $300,000 in new business just from their leads. This new agency is in Ohio and does not sell workers comp either. They are a smaller agency and have 1 full time commercial producer and 2 part timers. I think this is some significant results. Client Focus is affordable as well. We have looked into the return on investment and we are looking at over 300%! Can't really get that with the stock market now can you! I hope this helps you.
Last edited by Eagleeye on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blennox

Post by blennox »

The lead providers should be held more accountable for the lead not being resold over and over again. Seriously I saw this happen in the mortgage industry and nothing is worse then paying money for a contact and then getting a hold of them and finding out that the client is so frustrated because they have received too many calls(sometimes as many as 20 calls). There should be a limit and it should be somewhat low as to how many different companies a lead can be sold. Leads that are generated this way should not be sold to more than 3 agencies per week, and over all these leads shouldnt be sold to more than maybe 6 companies total. The more times that lead providers sell the leads, the more the potential clients get calls, the more they regret posting their info online, and eventually they will tell anyone they know to never put your info on any of the websites that they posted it on. This should be a great resource for getting new business, but lead providers are ruining it because they are so hungry to milk each lead for as much as they can. In return they will end up destroying this lead source. This is just my opinion but I remember when internet leads first became available and that was an amazing time period. The clients were so happy because they were not flooded with calls. It really just made the whole process easier and more satisfying for everyone involved in the process.
Eagleeye

Post by Eagleeye »

I wanted to share with you a company that I use and have used since 2002. Not only are the leads I receive good leads but they are usually waiting for my phone call. I do not have these leads shared with anyone else either. The company I am using is Client Focus Connections out of Wisconsin. Their phone number is 715-887-2004. Ask for Diane or Sue and they can explain to you their structure and how they work with agents. This company has been my main lead source since 2002 for commercial clients. I have used them for personal lines but have not been a successful. Using them exclusively for my marketing in 2006 and 2007 my agency wrote over $1,000,000 in new business! In 2008, 2009 we wrote over $500,000 just from their leads they provided. I have sold my agency and now a consultant with another agency and this year starting them in June we are now approaching $300,000 in new business just from their leads. This new agency is in Ohio and does not sell workers comp either. They are a smaller agency and have 1 full time commercial producer and 2 part timers. I think this is some significant results. Client Focus is affordable as well. We have looked into the return on investment and we are looking at over 300%! Can't really get that with the stock market now can you! I hope this helps you.
chizcurlz
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by chizcurlz »

Even if you have lots of leads but your conversion rate is still low, this doesn't sound good. You should work more on your marketing effort.
Auds

Post by Auds »

There are definitely some good agencies out there that do only offer real-time and exclusive leads. They'll even give your money back if they are unusable or duds.
nhagent
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by nhagent »

Auds

I am curious which lead firms you are referring to.
Auds

Post by Auds »

Have you tried InsuranceFiles.com? They'll give you back your credit if you can't get in touch with a lead.