Value Added Services- Fee Based

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

policyman
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Value Added Services- Fee Based

Post by policyman »

I would like to get some input in regards to charging fees for Value Added Services, such as safety programs, loss control, etc. Can you let me know how OR if your agency charges for these services? What type, size of clients to you absorb the cost vs. pass the cost the the clients? Thanks for your help!
darnovak
Insurance Journal Addict

New York agency here

Post by darnovak »

We became a delivery agency for the American Safety Council's Point & Insurance Reduction Program in 2007. I teach the 6 hour classroom course along (or alternately) with another certified instructor. We have to send $10 per student to the ASC and keep the difference between that and what we charge. Our website has had a link to the ASC online course since it was approved in 2009. Net cost for the student is $25 and the delivery agent can set the price charged at or above that. After the students pay, ASC sends us a monthly list and our monthly 'difference' comes by direct deposit. This course is very popular and ties in well with insurance (especially 'leads' as we receive the student data). Our main goal is to provide this valuable service to the public and policyholders love the 3 year 10% insurance discount. Some folks need the point reduction (up to 4 points) for their DMV extract.
Rainmaker
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: Value Added Services- Fee Based

Post by Rainmaker »

We can offer a lot of guidance, templates, tools and client specific cash flow templates that can help you determine the best path for you on this subject. Feel free to contact us if you are interested in learning more.

Cheers
David E. Estrada
Founder & Managing Director
Rainmaker Advisory LLC
Portland, Oregon
www.rainmakeradvisory.com