Agency Management Software Assistance.

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

loudmouth
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by loudmouth »

I'm shopping for Agency Management Software. I am looking at two companies: applied systems and AMS. The problem is pricing. I just started in the industry and have no clients so revenue is zero. If you are an independent broker and have purchased from these vendors can you please e-mail or private message me the rates that you negotiated. I need some sort of an idea of how aggressive these companies are in obtaining new business.

Please, if you purchased from AMS or Applied let me know how the systems are working for you. What you like and do not like and most importantly what you negotiated for price and service fees.

Thanks,
socalinswoman
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by socalinswoman »

I understand the tight budget. With a husband self employed I have no choice but to work for an agency.

I think that AMS is a little more costly than Applied, but after many years of working on Applied & recently changing to agency with AMS, in less than a week I am convinced that AMS is superior.

Opinion based on being able to handle almost everything on the computer w/ minimum of paperhandling, papercuts, suffocated by paper..............

You should be able to contact both companies via 800 #'s or web & get no obligation quotation. (I see your post was early in March, just joined this website.)

Good luck!!
loudmouth
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by loudmouth »

I appreciate the reply. The Agency Management software is a bit expensive that is why I want to know how aggressive these companies are in obtaining new customers. The last time I called AMS I was told the software cost is 1600.00 plus 150.00/month fee(don't quote me). No price is written in stone when it comes to Specialty Software like Agency Management Systems. I want to know what is the price some of you are paying for these systems by AMS or Applied?

Both desire customer and both may go to great lengths to obtain them and get that reoccurring revenue stream.
pita3333
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by pita3333 »

I have previously replied to a similar post here about 6 or so months ago...you might want to search out that thread.

I am a AMS360 user and a previous AFW (3 years) and TAM (1 year) user....AMS has the better products overall in my opnion.

Having said that...AMS360 is still a new product, we selected it due to its ability to allow us to work from home if needed. I honestly don't know the full pricing of the product....but just like insurance don't buy on price alone. Get the demo versions, maybe even visit current users (maybe attend a users group meeting) then make a balanced decision.

I would suggest that you also focus on the programs ability to interphase and download especially if you plan to do lots of personal lines.
Michael Trouillon
Greater Los Angeles area

Consultant/Trainer agency automation system

Industry since 82

Past: Compliance Mgr master pol pgm, Ops Mgr, Marketing Mgr, Account Mgr
TOMIA
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by TOMIA »

We have been using The Agency Manager for 20 years. The most important aspect of Applied Systems is that they have continued to build and improve on what makes us more productive. The most valuable service we have had is that we get all of our updates including new monthly features for the cost of support. There is no additional cost for software updates. By budgeting for hardware upgrades over the years, we continue to be up to date with the many features offered by Applied. Based on our expenses in automation, Applied has provided one of our best ROI's in the agency. Applied provides the most real time, upload and download options of any of the systems we have compared recently.

At a recent agent meeting for two of our carriers, it was obvious that we can do so much more with Applied than these other agencies can with other systems. Whether we are marketing new accounts using an automated program or we are servicing our daily needs of our clients, we have been able to do so with the fewest keystrokes and quickest time frame.

Since we have been able to implement so many time saving workflows with Applied, this gives us more time for sales activities. As for costs, I have heard that all the vendors are competitive.

If you have any particular questions on how we use Applied, feel free to drop me an email.
SteveHebe
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by SteveHebe »

If cost is major factor..take a close look at DORIS.

I know it does not have all the bells and whistles of the AMS & TAM, but it does the job and is affordable to a startup agency
rswengle
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by rswengle »

I have a small agency in Rural Arizona. Ams & other management
programs are a little pricey for my agency. How do I contact
"Doris" and what are there fees.
Thankyou...Rita Swengle, Cordes Lakes Insurance, Inc.
Carlos
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by Carlos »

For an new agency i would also recomend hawksoft.

Visit them at http://www.hawksoftinc.com