First American Specialty

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

steve32
Insurance Journal Addict

First American Specialty

Post by steve32 »

Has anyone had experience with them in California? How hard is it to get an appointment with them? How is writing business with them? Are they easy or difficult to work with?

I see that they have really competitive rates for homes in Socal
Thanks in advance.
TheClaimsAdvocate
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: First American Specialty

Post by TheClaimsAdvocate »

I think that one of the things that should be important to an agent is how well his clients are treated when they suffer a loss. Obviously the better your clients are treated and how well their loss is handled means less grief for you.

I'm a public adjuster in Los Angeles and deal with First American quite a bit relating to property damage claims. For the most part First American utilizes independent adjusters to inspect the risk after a loss occurs. I really don't recall have one bad instance with their field adjusters. And, for the most part things have always gone smoothly with their inside adjuster handling the claim. From what I recall we have always been able to come to terms with getting the losses settled.

I realize that your questions are geared towards selling policies. But I thought it would be nice for you to know that if you are able to make your contacts and begin providing your clients insurance through First American, you should anticipate that they will be treated promptly and professionally by their staff.
cheryzune
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: First American Specialty

Post by cheryzune »

Experiences vary, so take people feedback with a grain of salt.