Are Insurance Agencies Looking to Merger?

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

AgencyEquity
Insurance Journal Addict

Are Insurance Agencies Looking to Merger?

Post by AgencyEquity »

Activity on AgencyEquity.com points to this as those listing their desire to merge is getting a lot of attention and responses. Also the industry news activity points to mergers being very active. With a soft market, agencies are looking for ways to consolidate expenses, meet profit sharing targets and have a diversity of expertise. A merger should never be done without bringing an experienced consultant who knows what needs to be done and how to make this happen.
http://www.agencyequity.com
The Premier Website for Insurance Agency Principals, Executives, and Producers with Executive-Level Business Needs
Everett
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Are Insurance Agencies Looking to Merger?

Post by Everett »

I have heard and read about this issue but didn't get any solid proof.
Lets see, might someone will clarify whether insurance agencies are merging or not.
In my opinion I think no.
johnhlas
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Are Insurance Agencies Looking to Merger?

Post by johnhlas »

We are a Midwest independent insurance agency very interested in mergers and acquisitions. We have made 3 acquisitions in the past 3 years. We believe we have the capacity to continue on our growth path. We have found organic growth, like most agencies, to be very challenging. Profit sharing has been less than desirable. We think we are well positioned to continue our acquisitions plan – so, yes there are agencies still looking to grow and acquire.