Philadelphia Insurance Company

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

AgencyEquity
Insurance Journal Addict

Philadelphia Insurance Company

Post by AgencyEquity »

I can't say enough good things about this company working with them over the years I have had my agency. They have some great niche programs and especially as someone who had written professional liability, if Philadelphia did it, they were the market I would prefer to go with. I am also a huge sports fan and I know they not only have niche programs targeted for this industry, but they insure a number of professional teams! Their product fairs are very nicely done, truly first rate and very personable type of people. Sure the underwriting can be strict at times, but when they nail it, they really nail is. Most PL renewals are automatic, something unheard of for that line of business, they were also among the first to provide digital policies, something that was ahead of it’s time and truly helps the agencies that are automated. My hats off to this fine carrier, they deserve it!
http://www.agencyequity.com
The Premier Website for Insurance Agency Principals, Executives, and Producers with Executive-Level Business Needs
MargieNY
Insurance Journal Fan

Re: Philadelphia Insurance Company

Post by MargieNY »

I agree. Great company to deal with.
landersinsurance
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Post by landersinsurance »

I agree. We just got appointed with them 6 months ago and they are a very good company.
Coeur d Alene Car Insurance| Car Insurance, Auto Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Commercial insurance
Landers Insurance
816 Sherman Ave. Ste 1
Coeur d Alene, ID 83814
(208) 651-6208
JAM
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by JAM »

What classes are they competative in?
Western commercial hub.
www.premieroc.com
AgencyEquity
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by AgencyEquity »

JAM wrote:What classes are they competative in?
What I actually like about Philadelphia is their specialty programs like E&O, D&O, they have some common area HOA products, they are terrific at events and sports business. They have a lot of neat niche markets that many of the mainstream carriers don't do and they know how to underwrite these programs. If you go to their website, you will see what they write. My experience is, they are also a first rate organization, really helpful to their insurance agencies. It's not a market for a high risk auto agency, but more for commercial lines agency that works with above average clients.
The Premier Website for Insurance Agency Principals, Executives, and Producers with Executive-Level Business Needs
saabins

Post by saabins »

I concur with all of you that Philly is a great company, but for a small agency like mine, it is really difficult to get appointed with them.
AgencyEquity
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by AgencyEquity »

I recommmend joining an agency cluster group, alliance or network. There are more of these groups than ever and they really want to add agencies. You should ask a group about all their appointments, including if they have an appointment with Philadelphia.
spokaneins

Post by spokaneins »

Philadelphia is a good company.
Anthoney
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by Anthoney »

I have started a small business and now I am in search of better insurance company to get a comprehensive insurance plan. I have heard a lot about Philadelphia insurance but I have have my company established in India. Where i should look for in India?
RKunz2
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by RKunz2 »

Philadelphia Insurance Companies is a member of the Tokio Marine Group, which is the 4th largest insurer (???) in the world. You may check the Tokio Marine site to find out if they have a presence in India. I'm not sure PHLY does, but I would think that one of the Tokio Marine companies should. Just a thought...