PL Rater

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

fauxfive55
Insurance Journal Fan

PL Rater

Post by fauxfive55 »

Anyone use PL Rater in California? We're on the fence between EZLynx and PL Rater and currently use FSC. The major advantage we see of PL Rater is the Choicepoint integration.

So, for those that use PL Rater in CA, is the data PL Rater pulls from Choicepoint (VINs/SS#, etc) relatively accurate in California?

Thanks in advance,
Joel Wagner
WHINS Insurance Agency
www.whins.com
OldIndyAgent
Insurance Journal Addict

Re: PL Rater

Post by OldIndyAgent »

My understanding is that neither EZLynx nor PL Rater do discriminatory underwriting or calculated rates. That means only Realtime rates would be available. It also means that if a car, home, etc is unacceptable, they will let you run them, incur the charges, and then the company will nix it, going against your quote to issue ratio. I have no idea about FSC. Smaller regional carriers without Realtime rates would also be unavailable.
landersinsurance
Insurance Journal Enthusiast

Re: PL Rater

Post by landersinsurance »

We use EZLYNX and love it. I really like the integration on the consumer portal. People tell us how easy it is to get a live quote for auto and homeowners insurance on our website through EZLYNX consumer portal.
Coeur d Alene Car Insurance| Car Insurance, Auto Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Commercial insurance
Landers Insurance
816 Sherman Ave. Ste 1
Coeur d Alene, ID 83814
(208) 651-6208