Is now a good time to sell your Agency?

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

AgencyEquity
Insurance Journal Addict

Is now a good time to sell your Agency?

Post by AgencyEquity »

I think so, I say this because demand has significantly increased over the past year or so. The reason for the increase in demand is because the availability of capital as well as more confidence with the exiting economy. However, most people reading this post are probably buyers who are have interest in what is being said on this subject. Nevertheless I feel it's a great time to sell, most especially if you have a preferred type agency with a good commercial book in the mix. Auto only or non-standard agencies have lower demand and will go for lower revenue multiples, but the most desired agencies will have no shortage of buyers, thus driving up values. Buyers who are interested in targeting a desirable agency truly need to sell themselves, so any inquiry on those interested in buying should center around telling them about yourself first vs. wanting to know more about an agency that is for sale (you can get the details later, but those putting the best foot forward will probably make a better first impression and win the attention of a seller).
http://www.agencyequity.com
The Premier Website for Insurance Agency Principals, Executives, and Producers with Executive-Level Business Needs