Construction Cost Estimates

Your response to industry hot topics.

Moderators: Josh, independent guy

loudmouth
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by loudmouth »

Where can I obtain information on construction cost in various states?

thanks
wvductman
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by wvductman »

If you can give me the type of construction cost you require perhaps I can help you. :rolleyes:
loudmouth
Insurance Journal Addict

Post by loudmouth »

That would be great but I am more interested in finding construction cost for a variety of buildings (Storage, Office, Motel, House, etc.). It's obvious that I can simply ask the client but they may just provide original cost of construction or purchase price. In both cases it is a number that may dwarf the cost associated with constructing the same building today. I as a broker I should be able to give the client an estimate on construction so that he/she is adequately insured.

I am sure many of you agents/brokers do not just accept the client's numbers and recommend based on research what coverage should be obtained. I am sure there are associations that provide these numbers but the question is where to find them.

Thanks
socalinswoman
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by socalinswoman »

COPE - Construction, Occupancy, Protection, Exposure Basic elements of cost estimation for bldg replacement.

Also, Marshall & Swift, many other cost estimator programs.

If building has AS & large enough will have specific rates & info so that ins company can assist w/ estimate. There are also many education programs that will assist you w/ knowledge & keep your CE credits current.
SteveHebe
Insurance Journal Fan

Post by SteveHebe »